Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brasher boots

Options
  • 31-10-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi guys. I bought a pair of braisher boots around 12 months ago in an adventure store. I find them really comfortable. Now I've seen a pair of them in TK Maxx for 50 euro less than what I paid. They look identical. So are the seconds/end of lines or why is there such a difference? I'm considering buying a pair to put away until the current ones are worn out.

Also as regards maintenance of leather boots... I regularly wax mine but I've never gotten that brand new look...what are the tricks of the trade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

smurff wrote: »
    Also as regards maintenance of leather boots... I regularly wax mine but I've never gotten that brand new look...what are the tricks of the trade?

Brashers are brilliant! I have the Supalites - slightly different to the ones in TKMaxx, sadly only there in a 10.5, otherwise I'd get a pair too. I went in and had a look and they seem perfect to me, no flaws. Maybe end of line or something ...

Keep on waxing, you'll never get that brand new look again though :)

Mine were trashed after a slog up Kilimanjaro but they were fine again after a lick of wax ...

2008-10-09_dsc_7883-edit.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

smurff wrote: »
    So are the seconds/end of lines or why is there such a difference? I'm considering buying a pair to put away until the current ones are worn out.
    Stuff in TKMaxx is usually stock that other retailers, for whatever reason, can't sell, or old end-of-line stock, no seconds as far as I'm aware. Often they're odd sizes at extreme ends of the spectrum as well.

Advertisement