Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultimate Conflict V 'Rite to Fight', Friday November 27th.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 McManus

Just heard Torres won inside the first minute

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

Any word on hughes v price?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭wingnut4

think it was a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Price won by decision. My guess was he won the first and second rounds.

Great night of fights. Probably the most enjoyable MMA event I've been to. Damien Rooney is a pleasure to watch. Made the journey from Dublin well worth it.

Thanks to the Dog Pound lads for a great show and the Newry crowd are a good natured bunch. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 irishdownhiller

aaron flynn dislocated his shoulder, richard gorey lifted him during a triangle attempt and when aaron jumped down from it he landed awkward...big pity
    yannick ,magee knoced his opponent out with a spinning elbow think he was dq'd, colm mc cann was also dq'd after an illegal head shot..damo rooney won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Some interesting results there, sounds like a good show..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Yannick Magee threw a kick that missed and spun around with his arm high. His opponent was rushing in and got caught with an elbow square on the nose and dropped to the ground. Magee instantly stopped fighting and held his hands up to what had happened. The result was a no contest. Fairest result in my opinion. It was just unfortunate.

I think Colin McCann got disqualified for an elbow to the head while on his back with his opponent in his guard. That was a strange one. I kinda missed it. McCann was clobbered a few times in the first minute and got taken to the ground where it finished that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Colin was indeed disqualified for an illegal elbow strike to the head from the ground,in fairness he put his hands up to it straight away in my opinion it wasnt intentional but we have to abide by the rules and the fight was stopped.Colin is not a dirty fighter and it was an unfortunate end to what looked like a good match up.
    Damien and Ben's fight was great to watch Im sure both of them were exhausted at the end.Stephen Killfin was desperately unlucky,Yannick tried for a spinning back fist and it didnt connect the way it should,instead of the fist he hit Stephen with an elbow that knocked him out.The fight was early in the frst round and with Stephen unable to continue it was called as a no contest.
    Aaron Flynn is a header......he dislocated his shoulder which was put back in by the excellent medical staff while still in the cage and then he gets upset because he couldnt continue to fight!!!!
    All in all,another great night from the Ultimate Conflict staff.

weemate wrote: »
    Colin was indeed disqualified for an illegal elbow strike to the head from the ground,in fairness he put his hands up to it straight away in my opinion it wasnt intentional but we have to abide by the rules and the fight was stopped.Colin is not a dirty fighter and it was an unfortunate end to what looked like a good match up.

I'd completely agree with this. He apologised to me for it straight away and I spoke to him afterwards and he said that he was trying to land a hammer fist to the body and hit me with the elbow by accident as he raised his hand for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jughead202

another great show well done guys,
    i thought the hughes price fight would have went the the other way ,but then i was,nt judgeing lol young price will be one to watch in the future,
    rooney and davis great fight,bet they both had sore legs,
    just wondered there was a young lad there all ireland boxer apparently ,probally get slaughtered for this ,but how come he was fighting c class his stance was awsome,
    think the third or fourth fight 2 rounds would have done both guys were gassed ,well thats my rant great show again lads,then spent half an hour checking out chinese for posters of the fight as john was on it lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement