Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

optic repairs

Options
  • 31-10-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

on my first skirmish with a brand new red dot sight some wonder shot managed to hit the lens and smash it (saving private ryan style). anyone know if its possible to have this fixed?? this is the sight http://www.crosman.com/optics/quickaim/CPRDWL

thanks lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

You could try and email the manufacturer or the shop you got it in and ask would they sell you a replacement lens. Or if they do repairs.

Even if you can get a replacement lens I dunno if you'll be able to repair it yourself as I think that sight might need to be filled with nitrogen.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    You could try and email the manufacturer or the shop you got it in and ask would they sell you a replacement lens. Or if they do repairs.

Even if you can get a replacement lens I dunno if you'll be able to repair it yourself as I think that sight might need to be filled with nitrogen.

there lies a problem with that. i bought it in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Hence why buying Irish is better ;).

Your either gonna have to pay for shipping or throw it in the bin...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

You could try a gunsmith, but the repair cost may outweigh the cost of a new one?

Advertisement