Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horses C+C

• 31-10-2009 6:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi, C+C welcome ..

4015428192_93c012f385.jpg[URL][/url]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Would like to see this larger to see if it's as sharp as it looks in this size.
    It is pretty decent but since it's c&c I have to say missing the bottom of the Horse's head is most noticeable and definitely takes away from the picture.
    On a side note that Horse look's extremely think and his ribs are actually protruding, what's the story?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

On a side note that Horse look's extremely think and his ribs are actually protruding, what's the story?

It's a foal, I reckon 4months old

what software did you use? the vignetting doesnt look right with the crop, its too heavy and doesnt match up with the other side

with lightroom you can add controlled vignetting post crop

some fill light might also be nice, as mentioned above you have part of the horses mouth missing from the frame, nothing you can do about that now.
    It can be hard getting the feet,mouth and top of ears in frame when you get so close

It's a foal, I reckon 4months old
    aaahhh right. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

Thanks for the comments, yes a pity about the bottom missing,
    the vignetting was done with CS4 ... I did some pp on CS4.

AnimalRights the large size is below ... still quite sharp
    http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2522/4015428192_93c012f385_b.jpg

Cheers, I do like the Sky in this too.

Shot ruined by the complete lack of condition on the horses for me. Awful sight to see.

Shot ruined by the complete lack of condition on the horses for me. Awful sight to see.

they are foals, they are meant to be lean. they could possibly be younger than 4 months, I gave an estimate earlier.

There is no way that those horses are less then 4 months. The mane is way too developed, as is the head. Those look to me at least to be at least yearlings.

Furthermore, even a four month old will have cover on their ribs. Those animals would appear to be underfed to me. Disgusting photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ok guys, remember this is photography. The animal conditions will need to be debated elsewhere. The thread is explicitly a C&C thread so please keep it as such in terms of the photographic aspect of it.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭FedEx

I must enquire to the age of that horse... my girlfriends uncle looks after them ... sorry Z if photo has offended you ...

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Ok guys, remember this is photography. The animal conditions will need to be debated elsewhere. The thread is explicitly a C&C thread so please keep it as such in terms of the photographic aspect of it.

Thanks.
    aahh 1st time I've disagreed with you in ages but...
    To say to debate elsewhere is surely wrong for as an example if I post a picture that we say was totally offensive and wasn't covered by the rules/charter (unlike Nudes which would be) it would be hard to use your original argument!
    Or if I've explained that arseways, Animal Cruelty (if it is/was) just because it's in a photograph should not be accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

well....... kinda.... but..... overriding principle for the forum is in the charter at line 2 which is;
    What this forum is for
    Asking questions about photography, cameras, lenses, asking for comments and critique on photo's, talking about photography related matters, etc etc...

Anything grossly offensive even if in the name of art would generally have the moderators inbox's on fire with reported posts and would be moderated on as deemed appropriate / probably wouldn't last very long.

I know, I know - moderation isn't an exact science and we'll make mistakes even with the best charter in the world.

The image submitted on thread though was quite obviously intended for C&C of the photography aspects - which is a function on the forum / covered in that line of the charter. Had it been a shock tactic post then it wouldn't have survived. The OP has actually indicated that they'll check with the owner with regards to the animal so as far as I can ascertain there was no intention to offend or promote/debate the cruelty issue.

The problem with debate of an extended issue such as animal cruelty on foot of a single image is that the forum and it's users don't have the benefit of context of the circumstance(s) surrounding the image. I'm not judging one way or the other in terms of the issue (that's not my roll) but I'm just referring to line #2 of the charter which thanks to the forefathers of this place is a very astute assertion to put there. In some instances lee way will be allowed but not if the peace could be upset or looked like it was on its way to being.

If he doesn't come back with an explanation from his Uncle I'm going to set the next FedEx van I see on fire. :pac:

Advertisement