Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monitor on a new build

• 31-10-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

Hi all

I had to get a new PC recently and decided I would do my own build.
    I think I have most of it done, in that I can power up and I get all my fans whirring away. What I don't get is any display on my monitor at all, it is connected to the DVI port and nothing, monitor keeps going to sleep.

The card is a Radeon HD 4670.

Any Ideas Im dying to try out Windows 7...

Thanks

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Are you getting any beeps? Scratch that, did you hook up an internal case speaker to the computer? Getting no display on start-up for a home build can be a sign of anything. In general it just means something is stopping the computer(Or it's stopping itself for self protection) from booting.

You'll need to go step by step(It can be a bit time consuming) unplugging one of each component at a time until it boots. If it never does than your MoBo may be grounded to the case or you have a bigger issue on your hands regarding the PSU or MoBo for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭C.D.

Have you tried re-seating your GPU? Does your GPU require power from your PSU (most mid to high end cars do) and if so, is the 4-pin connector plugged in?

Does your motherboard have on board graphics? If it does, connect this up, if it works your monitor is grand, so try going into your BIOS and looking for a setting relating to using PCI-E or onboard graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

ahhahaha Disregard folks im in!! Woo its a nice feeling for a first time build!!

Thanks anyway Stopnotworking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

johnc24 wrote: »
    ahhahaha Disregard folks im in!! Woo its a nice feeling for a first time build!!

Lucky you! Enjoy!:D

What caused the problem anyway?

*Cough* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭johnc24

C.D. wrote: »
    *Cough* :D

I do beg your pardon... I believe we posted in around the same times and I just missed it..:) but thanks for trying to help out

I do beg your pardon... I believe we posted in around the same times and I just missed it..:) but thanks for trying to help out

No worries, grats on you first build, let it be one of many! I got a great sense of accomplishment out of doing it myself.

Advertisement