Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missed call from +4402078909052

Options
  • 31-10-2009 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Right folks. just wondering does anyone know what this number is??? It has rang me and a few other people i know. When you answer there's nothing there. And if you ring it back its as if it doesn't exist (haven't rang it back personally incase it decides to take loads of money off me).

Just wondering has anyone else received calls from this number or know what the heck its about.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

market research company

more info

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

I got a call from a 0044 number a while ago, It was some chat line, it rang me and left a very quiet recorded message. I rang them back and at full blast I got "Welcome to XXX chat line etc etc!!".

0044 is england either way. But if you and your mates are getting it than it could just be someone fishing for return calls for some reason..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Topmanager

It seem alot of people for different countries are getting called by this number from this link:
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%2B4402078909052+&meta=&aq=null&oq=

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

mmmmmmmmmmmmm............... how they get my number is what i'd like to know.. Especially since i'm x directory and give my other number as a number to contact when filling out forms etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

They may not have got your number as such, they might just generate a batch of numbers and dial them

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

It’s a market research company called GfK NOP

• 020 7890 9052 / 020 7775 0145 / 020 7300 3600
    'These are the caller line identification (CLI) numbers of our Telephone Interviewing Services (TIS) call centre based in Friars House, 157-168 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8EZ.

Please note that if you are registered with the Telephone Preference Scheme this only prevents marketing calls and not genuine market research calls.'

Basically the phone numbers are just randomly generated & queued for their operators. I normally say to these people that it's not convenient for me to speak now, but if they give me their home phone number that I'll call them back when I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭blubloblu

I don't think tacking that on to the end of this thread is going to get you anywhere. Look up the meteor website for contact details, you're much more likely to get help that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

+44 numbers are ok. it's the +88 ones you have to watch out for..

• Registered Users Posts: 20 drogtastic

That number rang me half a dozen times. Once I answered and they muttered something and they hung up. Today I finally answered some market research krap.

Unfortunately these days even if they are genuine we're all on high alert to scams

• Registered Users Posts: 17 feline_charm

Just got a call myself from this number. Lots of stuff on UK threads. Nuisance callers, clearly. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement