Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

education - english leaving certificate 2010 help needed - poetry question

Options
  • 31-10-2009 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Poetry Question 2008 ppr 2 B. Prescribed Poetry

Adrienne Rich

"the desire to be heard, - that is the impulse behind writing poems, for me."
    does the poetry of Adrienne Rich speak to you? write your personal Responce referring to the poems of Adrienne Rich that do/do not speak to you. (3 poems- Living in Sin, Aunt Jennifer`s Tigers, From a Survivor)

heya guys, i really need help with this essay question tonight. all help given much appricated

thank you, :)

orangelady.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

first off do it topic by topic not poem by poem. main topics should be male dominance, personal persiverence, feminism and female strength and power. Hope that helps a bit! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Poem by poem is a far easier approach!

Outline what each poem is about, making sure to refer to the question each time (the desire to be heard being the impulse behind writing poems) and giving your personal response (the poems that do/do not speak to you). Don't be afraid to disagree e.g. Living in Sin does not speak to me as though I have never experienced living with a partner yet, I doubt that I would be as naive as the speaker was in this poem, idealising the living arrangement and thinking that there would 'be no dust on the furniture of love' (don't have poem to hand, sorry). I am a very practical person who would expect this. While I can empathise with the speaker's disappointment in this poem, I do feel she made life more difficult for herself...... etc etc

hope this helps:)

Advertisement