Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moville

Options
  • 31-10-2009 7:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

going on a 3day break to moville any suggestions,ie.what to see,where to go my main interest is photography. thanks in advance for replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

all depends what you want to photograph? and if you have a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Scrum001

Hi, I'm from that part of the country. Totally biased here but the Inishowen peninsula has some of the most spectacular scenery in Ireland. If you're into landscape photography, there are many great opportunities. I'd recommend going out around Malin and Malin Head. There are some lovely views from around the Five Fingers strand in Malin. You've also got to take a trip up Mamore Gap outside Clonmany. There's also a scenic drive around Kinnagoe Bay just outside Moville. Nice shore walk in Moville too!. Take a trip down to Rosato's in Moville some evening for a bite to eat - nice relaxed pub with great grub!

Enjoy your few days, and if there's anything specific, I'll be only too happy to reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 silverdoctor

thanks scrum001 for the info sounds good, have car so i will be able to take in all the places you mentioned

thanks homer i have a car and landscape photography is my main interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

If you have a car its half the battle, i'd head round the places scrum suggested, also try and take in swan park area of buncranna some great photo oppurtunites there, also if you get a chance head up to grannain (spelt wrong) of ailaigh in burt its class up there, and take in the farland banking there is a lovely walk around a bird sanctury there, if you need directions gimmie a pm, P.S. id deffo take in the latter 2!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭RodgerTheDoger

Bit late for this, but if you are in Rosato's or if anyone is in Rosato's get the Thai Chicken Curry - Best I have ever tasted!

hi , not been there yet going in june. hope the curry is spicey hot.
    thanks silverdoctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

make sure you get to see the planetarium and observatory at Greencastle Maritime Museum... also, there could be someone decent playing at McGroarys gig venue at Culdaff... Shrove is also a picturesque spot, you can see Scotland clearly if the weather is clear from the hill above the lighthouse... Theres a really nice shore walk along the seafront at Moville

If you are lucky you will get some good weather.

Kinnego bay is a good spot - If it is Sunny you will see me there running about as I only live a few miles from the beach!

Here are some images from google for the beach:

http://images.google.ie/images?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&channel=s&hl=en&source=hp&q=kinnego+bay&um=1&resnum=4&ie=UTF-8&ei=nP4wS47FJtCD4Qbo14WqCA&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CB8QsAQwAw

hi there,
    thanks for all that info,will try to get all of that in when i go.

• Advertisement

thanks for the images, been there before it really is a beautiful place, last year had a conversation with a guy who is disabled.he stays in a tent at the end of the car park, he is a great swimmer.

thanks for the images, been there before it really is a beautiful place, last year had a conversation with a guy who is disabled.he stays in a tent at the end of the car park, he is a great swimmer.

Yeah I know that guy he comes every year! We walks with the two canes.

yeah thats him alright, lovely man to talk to sometimes his son stays with him.

Advertisement