Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halloween 2009

• 31-10-2009 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭

So whats the crack around Waterford city?
    Is there many bonfires, troublesome youngsters ,fireworks and the like?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

i went bonefire watching earlier and the only fire i seen was the one out in ballybeg and another on the back road to tramore and thats for the whole town ,,its a bad year for it this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

I have a load of sweets left over this year. Recession even hitting the trick or treaters!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭bluesfan

shapez wrote: »
    I have a load of sweets left over this year. Recession even hitting the trick or treaters!! :D

Surprised at that, we had 3 or 4 times more calling then last year. Ran out of sweets and had to start giving fruit. Note to everyone - Kids don't like fruit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

had a savage night. Bed time now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

Think you might be right about recession! My kids came home with bags full of sweets..... half of which were OUT OF DATE!!
    What are these prats thinkin of giving their rubbish to kids, if you can't be bother to spend a few euro on NEW treats just don't answer your door!
    :confused:

• Advertisement

2SWEET wrote: »
    Think you might be right about recession! My kids came home with bags full of sweets..... half of which were OUT OF DATE!!
    What are these prats thinkin of giving their rubbish to kids, if you can't be bother to spend a few euro on NEW treats just don't answer your door!

Gez, that's a bit much alright. I went to Lidl and got a load of stuff on offers, which was great. Not like you were putting yourself out of pocket or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

i didnt answer the door for the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

joeduggan wrote: »

way to get into the spirit of it, for the kids:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

joeduggan wrote: »

Back in my day you'd be outside cleaning eggs off your front door now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

2SWEET wrote: »

Out of date sweets? Oh no! They'll rot your teeth!!

Seriously, in my day, you never got chocolate or sweets. It was all nuts and apples, and we loved it. It was never about chocolate & sweets - that's what Christmas is for!

Mind you, in my day Halloween started on Oct 31, not a bloody week before like today.

• Advertisement

gscully wrote: »
    Out of date sweets? Oh no! They'll rot your teeth!!

Seriously, in my day, you never got chocolate or sweets. It was all nuts and apples, and we loved it. It was never about chocolate & sweets - that's what Christmas is for!

Mind you, in my day Halloween started on Oct 31, not a bloody week before like today.

And Xmas started after the 4th Dec. Not BEFORE Halloween!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

HA! And you think you had it tough?

In my day we didn't even have Christmas, and as for Halloween, all we got were rotten apples and a slap of a wet towel if we were lucky.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Tragamin2k2

old gregg wrote: »
    HA! And you think you had it tough?

In my day we didn't even have Christmas, and as for Halloween, all we got were rotten apples and a slap of a wet towel if we were lucky.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

robtri wrote: »
    way to get into the spirit of it, for the kids:rolleyes:
    bah bumhug!!:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

shapez wrote: »
    And Xmas started after the 4th Dec. Not BEFORE Halloween!!

It actually started on the 8th dec ;)

Advertisement