Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for smallest bandsaw.

Options
  • 31-10-2009 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi all, I dont think i've been in here before.
    As the title saws I'm looking for a small portable band saw, for light use. I have a 14 inch in the workshop, but am looking for one to bring in the van.
    Even if there is something handheld without a circular or reciprocating blade i am interested.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Manybe it'd be too big for what you want, but I got one of those Aldi bandsaws a year or more ago, they'll cut to a thickness of about 70mm or so. I got a couple of decent blades for it and the thing works like a dream! They're worth looking out for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

A friend of mine has the aldi machine, it's certainly adequate for my needs but I wonder if anyone knows of a smaller machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

blindman wrote: »
    A friend of mine has the aldi machine, it's certainly adequate for my needs but I wonder if anyone knows of a smaller machine.

Not sure what size the Aldi machine is but Lidl do a small saw I think it uses coping saw blades.

€60

Thinking of getting one myself for cutting wedges for securing old sash windows.

Advertisement