Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will mirror without brackets stay up?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭

i hung a mirror directly to wall with mirror glue. the wall must be uneven cos with all the pressure applied, there is still a gap at the top and at the bottom. it is stuck for about one foot in length about 1.5 foot from the bottom. it's a 5ft x 3ft plain mirror(no frame) it seems not to budge if i try to take it down but at the same time only a part of mirror is really stuck to wall. will it eventually come away? it seems pretty secure now and i've had it up 5 days...

still have a duvet underneath ..JUST in case!

whaddyareckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If you have used specific mirror adhesive and not just glue it should stay up but really who can say but as a betting man one day later would be fine. Five days later I think your save. The Issue lies in the wall. If its a wall with a door attached to on a hindge then there is a lot of vibration so the adhesive could come away.

Then again if you used an adhesive and not a mirror adhesive the back of the mirror will peel at the back and is will look terriable shortly.

Advertisement