Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 online is an abomination

Options
  • 31-10-2009 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Wow, just let me say it sucks sooo bad online. Seems I'm not the only person with this issue. No one else is online in my place and when I play someone with a green connection, I either get no game lag, but about 6 seconds of input lag, or it just ****s up altogether and goes like 1fps. Takes about 100 years for a 1 to come out. Sooo bad

Namco better fix this bollocks. PS3 and Xbox users are having this issue, its not just xbox peeps. I have literally no competition here, so I'm not spending my time in training mode with a crappy xbox pad everytime I play the game. I'm so pissed off about this

WHY NAMCO

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

There is a solution to this problem which I find worked quite well with SFIV. Casuals in XGC ;). Great way to meet and talk with people about the game and also practice with Ireland's best. I'm sure there would be a bigger following of Tekken over SF in Ireland as almost everyone knows it. I'll be writing up a thread to see the interest for having a meet for the 14th of November (not next Saturday, the one after).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Lol yeah that's fair enough but what about the other 6 days of the week? I know I sound selfish but the real reason I looked forward to getting this game was playing online (my only source of comp). Now I'm ****ed. Ughh I hope they fix it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

People complain about sf4 online but im pretty happy with it especially when I hear about other games problems.

bush wrote: »
    People complain about sf4 online but im pretty happy with it especially when I hear about other games problems.

SF4 online is grand. But damn Tekken is just pissing me off bigtime

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

SF4 online is about what I'd consider the bottom of the barrel in terms of acceptability in this day and age. Anything worse than that is just ridiculous (and it looks like T6 is indeed an abomination for online).

edit: Also, in a game with 40 characters, online play is such an important factor even if a local scene develops. Even in SF4 I'm thankful to run into eg. a good Fuerte online for the experience, due to how rarely the character is played. In a game with 40 characters I can see that happening a lot more.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Jebus. I barely consider SF4's online acceptable. Worse than that? Namco need to pull their act together, so...

Still reviews have been positive, the DooM may experiement with T6.

This game has literally the worst netcode of any fighter I've played.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    This game has literally the worst netcode of any fighter I've played.

Worse than the new KOF?

Ouch.

That makes Doom a sad sonic booming panda. In this day and age online play is the way to keep a games communities alive.

I haven't played the new KOF, I think that may be even worse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

its ridiculously bad
    for every1 on earth it seems too. The complete spammer idiots seem to love it though, cant block any low, any string, cant land any juggles or even basic moves
    by far the worst online game ive ever experienced. The last one was ****, this takes it to a new level! :mad:
    Definitely need to organise regular meet ups in town i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

I get a few games with lag too but I'm not gonna go so far as to say it's an abomination. I can play about 10 ranked matches online and only experience 1 or 2 with the lag. Obviously there's still a few issues to iron out, but I think you lot are having issues of your own if it's getting to the point where it's totally unplayable because of the lag.

The reports on fighting games are pretty universal that it's completely atrocious, also even on a green bar connection with Ramza there was very noticeable input lag, at least twice as bad as an average SF4 connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Obviously none of you played Tekken 5 on PS3, it uses the same netcode, only...tekken 5 seems to have a better netcode... so im gonna go ahead and go on record and say,

TEKKEN 6: KING OF IRON LAG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

must be just me. ive only had 2 or 3 laggy games out of about 15. i like online

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

The online is brutal alright, still i somehow managed to get Marauder rank by spamming lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Yreval wrote: »

WOW.

That's more boring than me vs Kirby.

Pity as the game looks pretty sweet.

Dominator's right, spamming is key when it's super laggy! There's literally no point in trying to play with sense in lag. You cant even block, you're gonna get super pissed off. I couldn't believe it when I almost double perfected someone with Kaz's UF + 4, 4 ,4 ,4 :P

Patch coming on Thursday:

http://kotaku.com/5411777/teeken-6-online-play-less-of-a-turkey-on-thanksgiving

Personally my hopes aren't that high though.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Patch coming on Thursday:

http://kotaku.com/5411777/teeken-6-online-play-less-of-a-turkey-on-thanksgiving

Personally my hopes aren't that high though.
    People that have gotten the patch early say it isn't as good as SFIV netcode.

e: Here's a thread on someone that got the patch early. Sounds playable enough at least; you can never expect to emulate the offline experience with too many variables like connections, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I still can't believe they made netcode worse than Tekken 5.

Wait, no. I totally CAN.
    Namco screwed me over with SCIV because I could NEVER get it online.

USMCOgre afaik is pretty reliable for those looking at that thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭fake_roogle

Dunno about you guys, but this patch has been very good to me. Played about 15-20 matches and I've not had one which was unplayable. There's stuff you can't punish now and then but it's definitely a lot better than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

The patch makes it somewhat better, but its still just awful to play online.
    I'm sure no one is surprised.

Just got my internet back and working so when I was greeted with an update I was quietly optimistic. Tbh it's grand imo,, much better than before. I played a handful of games and was able to get off combos/movement/punishing consistent enough/ But obv. offline is ten times better, but hey, it's an advancement!

Advertisement