Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 Meet - Saturday 14th of November, Anyone up for it?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I was just curious to see if anyone is up for a big Tekken 6 meet for the 14th of November. It seems brilliant so far. So anyone up for that? It would also be a handy way to practice for the tournament which is the week after afaik.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Hey lads! I was just curious to see if anyone is up for a big Tekken 6 meet for the 14th of November. It seems brilliant so far. So anyone up for that? It would also be a handy way to practice for the tournament which is the week after afaik.

Cool I'll try and get some money together and organise something. I really would love to go to every meet but as I posted a million times before, money is an issue, and getting down and back is a bitch. I'd be nervous about staying too late incase I missed train back. I'll try and make this

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why not come to the regular Boards casuals in XGC?

Tekken on PS3, SFIV on 360 - sound about right? :)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Is this directed at me? Anyway I assume if this goes ahead it will be on in the same place, XGC? And if it is can one take place in a SFIV tourney and still play casuals in other games? Or is this not allowed?

I know, stupid question :L

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah of course people can play casuals when a tournament is on, as long as there's a machine free. (also most of our SF4 meets are just casuals, not tournaments)

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, I know that there are casuals every weekend. Just posting about it to see if the Tekken people would be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

anyone can rent a machine and play whatever they want. as long as it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭batman_oh

PS3 version?
    I need to be able to use sticks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Everyone who owns a copy Brings it along, that will stop any problems regard availability of machines and people should be friendly enough to let others use sticks etc. as long as people are respectful.

at SF meets there is usually no problem.

I might be up on 14th but most likely for SF IV (hd remix and 3rd strike too if I can get some opponents)

Yeah, I don't really see why it would be a problem to have other games too. Its just a meet.

I'd be up for some SFIV too.

Actually, just wondering, I found out I'm free this Saturday if anyone wants to reschedule it for this week instead of next week or I suppose we could focus on SFIV this week and Tekken next week.

• Advertisement

I'm sure it wouldn't bother more than one or two people, and I'd say it makes more sense to try and get Tekken players going to the meetups while the game is as fresh as possible, so I say go for it.

I'd prefer the 14th tbh, as I'm gonna try and make it my first one to attend (of many!). Also the tournament on the 28th is looking good too

Don't mean to sound selfish, just my opinion or w/e

Also, on a side note, hope someone can give feedback here.

I started relearning my movements/motions on ****ty xbox pad. I used to use a PS2 pad I had, which was ideal for playing Tekken with, imo. I know this sounds a little silly, but I hope some people agree. As Tekken will be being played on PS3 consoles, I will obv. have to use a PS3 controller. Now, would it be possible for me to use my PS2 pad I always used on the PS3? Is there a way? I have absolutely no problem using a PS3 pad, but just you know how some pads Dpads are like, "new"ish. They kinda have like a clunkyness to them. And like one of my Xbox pads, I find the axis to kind of be off a little, if that makes sense. Like on one of my xbox pads, when I go to jump I just walk forward, and to jump up I need to like press upforward, and it takes so much pressure. I can barely hadoken. I just want to get the controller that works fine for me. An equal argument would be "it's all the same", but not to me

It would be rly silly and childish for me to go through eveyrone's ps3 pads to find the one which works best for me, bringing my PS2 pad would be great, if possible

There's loads of PS2->PS3 converters available.
    The Korean InPin (eBay link) is considered one of, if not the best.
    It even has a nifty little feature for the Home button -- either press a button on the converter, press Start+Select, or press Analog for Home function.

Oh yeah, and chopperbyrne knows of a PS2->Xbox 360 converter IIRC.

There's loads of PS2->PS3 converters available.
    The Korean InPin (eBay link) is considered one of, if not the best.
    It even has a nifty little feature for the Home button -- either press a button on the converter, press Start+Select, or press Analog for Home function.

Oh yeah, and chopperbyrne knows of a PS2->Xbox 360 converter IIRC.

I own a PC USB - PS2 converter, would that operate in the PS3's USB slots? Would it be ok, yeah?

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Actually, just wondering, I found out I'm free this Saturday if anyone wants to reschedule it for this week instead of next week or I suppose we could focus on SFIV this week and Tekken next week.

I doubt I'll be going :( so as far as my opinion goes, impartial :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ramza wrote: »
    I own a PC USB - PS2 converter, would that operate in the PS3's USB slots? Would it be ok, yeah?

It will probably only work if you are player two in a two player match (not joking).

That's why I had to buy an inPin.

No it doesn't sound right Kiki. PS3 players have been outnumbering 360 players recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Are many people around this weekend? I should be there

I'll try to come down this weekend but can't guarentee it. Have a big exam next week so will see how I get on with study.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Can't. too busy being German :(

Should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

I'll try make an appearance and could bring one or two others with me.

I'll be massively hungover though...!

Newaglish wrote: »
    I'll try make an appearance and could bring one or two others with me.

I'll be massively hungover though...!

That's basically a tradition for us. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I should be there alright.

I'm definitely going now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Im there... But you guys gotta let me win as the 14th is my b-day :D

Im there... But you guys gotta let me win as the 14th is my b-day :D
    Birthday Beatings! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Kirby killings?

Soz can't be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Birthday Beatings! :D

F*ck.... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Two of us heading down at 2pm... major hangover so keep an ambulance on stand by!

• Advertisement
Advertisement