Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Endnote question

• 01-11-2009 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Have just purchased endnote and wondering if anyone knows if I can reformat an existing bibliography without starting from scratch?

I have entered all references into endnote already. Probably a silly question but still trying to work my way through using the package.

Can I just select all references in Endnote and make the bibliography without inserting each one individually?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

Pretty sure you can't. Just insert the refs in the right place throughout the document and generate the bibliography as normal - it won't take too long.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You mean your referene database? If you already have a data base you should be able to import your old one into Endnote.

If you've only typed them manually into a Word Document etc then you'll have to create a database. You can export citations directly from the pages of most journals in RIS format or Bibtex etc and open them up with out having to retype everything.

Advertisement