Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Archives

Options
  • 01-11-2009 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I just wondered does anyone know if Guinness' Archives are open to the public, and if so what is the procedure for getting to view someone's record. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Via their website send an email, with details of the person your looking for. I did it recently and they got back to me within the day. You'll have to prove your related to the person your looking for,in my case by simply verifying my link to them through family (I was looking for my Grandfather,my Father,mother and sister had all worked there) this is just done to protect the persons information.
    They were very helpful,and the info they have on their staff's work details is amazing.Although you can't remove anything from the record,they will photocopy anything you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭b1964

Thanks Dubtom. Will do as you suggest. You can always trust the boardies to have the info !

Advertisement