Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mad Max: Fury Road

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

Kev W wrote: »
    Way to go deep with the underground indie recommendation.

Hey, have you seen The Matrix?
    *reads smudged out ink on hand*

I hear this... Ong Bark is pretty good. Your probably too much of a Marvel pleb to get it though! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

Apperently this has made a killing in DVD/Blu Ray sales in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

and the "virgins" was totally pointless...should have been called just"Fury road"....
    You mustn't have been paying much attention if they were "virgins" (is one of them Mary carrying Jesus?) and their inclusion in the film was pointless.

Can see so much nostalgia bias in the negative comments here. I implore you to revisit the earlier movies with untinted glasses, they're hardly better than this one. Everything on the thematic, visual and character level are so much more rudimentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

It's awesome !!!!!!!!!

What a lovely day !!

WHAT A LOVELY DAY !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Well there is your problem, going to the cinema 2/3 times a week, watching Hollywood PG-13 crap pretending to be balls to the wall action movies.
    For real Balls to the wall action, check out The Raid: Redemption, once the action starts it don't stop.

Excuse me don't presume anything, The Raid movies are great action films (both of which I saw the cinema) and Fury Road deserves its place up with them.

I've been a fan of Heroic bloodshed genre in Hong Kong, South Korean action cinema, the action cinema of the 80's in America. Kung Fu Cinema of the late 60's, 70's and 80's. Up to the modern day. So don't throw the Pg 13 rubbish at me, I know my action cinema.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

ps3lover wrote: »

Yep outsold the whole top 10 in it's first week on sale. That's pretty impressive also it's the most pirated film of the year so far, if there is a honour in that,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭fartingforfun

ps3lover wrote: »

Is this the same america where keeping up with the Kardashians is the number one TV show?
    Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭ps3lover

I wonder if it would have done all this money had they released the PG13 cut, probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I watched this a good few weeks ago and it sucked

the breath out of me for 2 hours in a non stop roller coaster balls to the wall I can't catch my breath brilliantly made action movie that shat all over films like Jurrasic World and most comic book movies.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Is this the same america where keeping up with the Kardashians is the number one TV show?
    Says it all really.

yeah says it all. I see like me you have done the research on the culture definitions of a country of 300+ million people which correlate to both Television programs and DVD sales. Good to know theres more of us out there, but the best thing, we don't have to post up our research and back up our points and what we say, we can just say it and thats that, bang, fact, eat it down you left wing liberal pansies.

posting this during my Top Gear marathon

• Advertisement

"Get Tom Hardy to star, he's popular at the moment.
    Car chases always go down well, put a few of them in there.
    Get a few good looking girls with very little clothes on, put them in the movie.
    Mix in a bit of violence.
    This will do gang busters with the teenage male virgins."
    This is the exact pitch made to the hollywood executives, and they where not wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fury Trolled.

Arghus wrote: »
    Fury Trolled.

More like unvarnished truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

"Get Tom Hardy to star, he's popular at the moment.
    Car chases always go down well, put a few of them in there.
    Get a few good looking girls with very little clothes on, put them in the movie.
    Mix in a bit of violence.
    This will do gang busters with the teenage male virgins."
    This is the exact pitch made to the hollywood executives, and they where not wrong.

That would be such a good point if we were discussing a Hollywood studio movie.

But we're not, so it's drivel.

That would be such a good point if we were discussing a Hollywood studio movie.

But we're not, so it's drivel.

It a hollwood movie, no if ands or buts.
    So you admit it is a movie designed to impress male teenage virgins?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

It a hollwood movie, no if ands or buts

Director is Australian
    Producers are Australian
    Production companies are Australian.
    Filmed in Namibia & Australia.
    Distribution was by an American company.

It a hollwood movie, no if ands or buts.
    So you admit it is a movie designed to impress male teenage virgins?

It's not a Hollywood movie.

It's an Australian movie.

Director is Australian
    Producers are Australian
    Production companies are Australian.
    Filmed in Namibia & Australia.
    Distribution was by an American company.

Beat me to it. :)

It's not a Hollywood movie.

It's an Australian movie.

Wrong!
    RatPac-Dune Entertainment one of the producers are american.
    Village Roadshow Pictures another producer is a leading Australian co-producer and co-financier of major Hollywood motion pictures.
    Its a hollywood movie. End of story.
    They knew their audience, made a movie to impress them and got the result they wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

The way things are going here, I feel another edition of Thunderdome is on the cards!!! :)

• Advertisement

Wrong!
    RatPac-Dune Entertainment one of the producers are american.
    Village Roadshow Pictures another producer is a leading Australian co-producer and co-financier of major Hollywood motion pictures.
    Its a hollywood movie. End of story.
    They knew their audience, made a movie to impress them and got the result they wanted.

One out three of the production companies being American makes it a Hollywood movie?

Nonsense.

OK then forget hollywood, do you agree it was aimed at the male teenage virgin market?

OK then forget hollywood, do you agree it was aimed at the male teenage virgin market?

No, because that's not a market.

It was if anything aimed at people who enjoy old fashioned practical action scenes.

This is a curious obsession of yours.

I enjoyed the film enormously & contrary to assumptions have had sex before the existence of this picture & even since then.

Fixating on the virginal status of boys us frankly creepy.

I assume you are on a watchlist some where?

This is a curious obsession of yours.

I enjoyed the film enormously & contrary to assumptions have had sex before the existence of this picture & even since then.

Fixating on the virginal status of boys us frankly creepy.

I assume you are on a watchlist some where?

Circling the wagons?
    Those who rant and rave its the best movie ever all seem to come from that demography, would you not agree?
    So is it wrong to point it out the movie was made to appeal directly to them?

Circling the wagons?
    Those who rant and rave its the best movie ever all seem to come from that demography,

I don't know.

The only virgin boy I know is still in nappies & is playing on the floor in front of me.

And he hasn't seen Fury Road.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Alright, that’s enough. fartingforfun, you’ve made your point. Generalised attacks aimed at people who disagree with you are against the charter of this forum, which I would encourage you to read. Any questions about this, pm me, don’t reply in thread.

Anyone who wishes to continue this debate with fartingforfun can do so via pm, thanks.

Now back on topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Circling the wagons?
    Those who rant and rave its the best movie ever all seem to come from that demography, would you not agree?
    So is it wrong to point it out the movie was made to appeal directly to them?
    I said it was a great film. im neither male or a virgin.

• When is the Blue-Ray out in Ireland lads?

I'm trying to line up my birthday present from the wife

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

5th October I think

Advertisement