Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Weather Conditions -- November 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Very heavy rain this morning has eased off for now. 9.6C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bright and sunny

Lashing down again.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

15.9mm of rain here since midnight. Cleared up around 8am but looks like rain is curling its way back.

Spot on MT!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,517 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

More than one spot, and if it doesn't soon stop howling outside where I live (no worries, it's eight time zones west of Ireland) I will also have my roof on as well. Just so you don't think you're getting all the bad weather, at 0400 here I am awake thanks to winds being south 45-70 mph in gusts, and when it hits the higher values, the sound is quite like a jet about a mile overhead coming into the airport. It is also raining quite hard a few miles away to my west so if that moves in I guess we will have a cat-1 hurricane for a few moments at a time. Oh well, this is about what I foresee your weather being like on Wednesday night or Thursday perhaps. It's very mild here too, about 13 C. Surprised the power is still on here with all these big trees blowing about wildly. And this is not the most exposed place around the region, it must be fierce out over the Gulf Islands between Vancouver and Victoria BC.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

heavy showers 5 deg

Dry and cold.

Bright cool morning, showers later?

Heavy rain now!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

Thunder here now in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

ya really bad in galway few mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Timistry

bad enough here too aswell. the back of the house is exposed to the SW. Driving rain atm

Some serious gusting starting to happen from the south.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Wet and windy here in west Limerick. Typical weather for my particular exposed location.

Has been raining for a while now with the occasional gust of wind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

mild, southerly gale, dry at present

Quiet, dull.

Heavy rain and breezy.

Wind and rain really getting going now.

same here mp22. Lashing rain now with strong gales at times. The M3 buoy off cork has measured wave heights of 5.8m:eek:

The rain has just arrived with the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Wind sounds like its after blowing the roof of my house off, it's so loud this evening.

Terrible night. Seem to be escaping the worst of it though. Connaught getting another hammering going by the radar:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Rain really coming down here now and winds picking up too, up on 40km/h so far.

Still raining I`m glad i live on top of a hill:D just looked at the wave high at the m3 bouy now at a scary 7 meters

windy very windy.

rain easing to showers, local radio here is reporting skibbereen, bandon and most of the roads to cork flooded high tide expeced at 6pm at 3.2 meters,
    should be fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Another torrential downpour in Galway now!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭lisao80

mp22 wrote: »
    rain easing to showers, local radio here is reporting skibbereen, bandon and most of the roads to cork flooded high tide expeced at 6pm at 3.2 meters,
    should be fun!!

skibbereen is ment to be badly flooded, i was en route there awhile ago when i got a phone call to turn back from a friend who was sent home from work there early.
    its dry here at the moment and the wind has died down an awful lot but high tide around 6 should be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Silverado

What a day. In Waterford we had 64 knots of wind at midday and 49mm of rain since midnight.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Azelfafage

You can download visible and infrared images of todays weather (taken at hourly intervals from a geosynchronous satellite) from the UK met-office web site hand run the last 24 hours weather as an animation.

The last 24 hours of images are as dramatic as I have ever seen them.

We sure are being pummelled from the Atlantic:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/satpics/latest_IR.html

Advertisement