Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe Mode Off

Options
  • 01-11-2009 3:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Blacknight!

Certain scripts require php safe mode off, and as this has been an issue for me before, I'd just like to know do your hosting packages have the safe mode on or off?

Also how easy is it to upgrade a package. Say if I start on Minimus and want to upgrade in a few months time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

As far as I know it's off, but if you email the support team directly they'll be able to confirm faster (support at blacknight.com)

Upgrading plans is easy enough - the only complication is if you want to switch from Linux to Windows (or vice versa)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 AtaStrumf

Thanks Blacknight! I've sent the question in. I'll let everybody know what they said. With regard to Windows vs. Linux. Why would I care which OS is running on the server? Maybe this is a stupid question but I really don't know.

AtaStrumf wrote: »
    With regard to Windows vs. Linux. Why would I care which OS is running on the server? Maybe this is a stupid question but I really don't know.

The main difference is that ASP / ASP.net only work on Windows.

There are other, more subtle, differences also, such as the fact that Apache is available on Linux while we offer IIS on Windows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 AtaStrumf

OK thanks for that. Of course, it makes sense, if you need asp you must go with windows, so that's what I'm going with, as you never know, right.

In relation to the php safe mode, the answer I got from your support team, is that it is off on the new packages by default, which would be in line with my expectations, so well done, you got yourself a new customer ;)

I'll start with the minimus package for now and grow from there if required.

Cool :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement