Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

honours french?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 4:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hey guys i got a B1 in pass french for the leaving cert but i had a terrible teacher i was thinking of going back and just repeating french to get a C3 in honours is this a very hard grade to achieve in your opinion, im good at french but my verbs and stuff wouldnt be the best? i am willing to put a good bit of work into it though as ill get a course i want if i get the c3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

You cant go back and repeat just french, you can only go back and repeat either maths or english.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭NightOwl91

You can in a plc college I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Not hard at all to achieve with a bit of work. I had a terrible teacher for 6th year and still managed a B1 in honours. I think myself I could have got the A with a very good teacher. Should have got grinds I suppose:rolleyes:

I'd advise you to buy the little red folens' french verb book. It's very handy and can be found in most bookshops. It will help improve your knowledge of verbs and grammar. Also, vocab is key. Every new word you come across, write it down (with the English translation beside it) in a special vocab pocket book.
    Buy the exam papers too to get a feel for what you will be examined on and what level you have to get to. The oral is grand. You can learn off a set amount of phrases and passages for it but you must know how to structure sentences with verbs also. And it's really not too hard. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Geard wrote: »
    You cant go back and repeat just french

is this true? can i not just repeat french for a college course requirement?

Advertisement