Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative route due to flooding Rush/Lusk

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭

Ok at 6am this morning i was coming into work from Rush. The roads were terrible between Lusk and Blakes Cross. I'm not from Rush, so this is the only route i know. Is there another route that doesnt get flooded, as today i had to drive half on the pavement and half in the flood and it was really scary..

Also these same spots flood every time it rains, how come nothing is ever done about it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The best that I can think of is to head toward Balrothery on the R132 & on to the M1 at the Apple garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Easy drive threw chapel farm and then threw dun emer. Great route

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

OK i have no sense of direction. How do i get to Balrothery, and what is the way through Chapel farm? they are estates arnt they?

Thanks

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

ok u know the main roundbout in lusk. coming from rush take a right at that chapel farm is the first left the colorful houses. just drive straight all the way you come into dun emer keep driving straight when your coming out of dun emer take a left then a left at the end of that road and your on the road at round towers petrol station which continues onto blakes cross

• Advertisement

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

By the way Snoopy, that Chapel Farm route is Killhedge Lane. It's very narrow with blind corners. Sometimes, when meeting another vehicle, you'll end up having to reverse back to the nearest gate entrance to allow the other vehicle to pass.

Minister's Road is a better route. When you get to the roundabout at the Dublin end of the bypass, take the exit back into Lusk. Keep to the left at Leonard's Garage and stay on that road. It intersects with the R132 after about 2kms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

By the way Snoopy, that Chapel Farm route is Killhedge Lane. It's very narrow with blind corners. Sometimes, when meeting another vehicle, you'll end up having to reverse back to the nearest gate entrance to allow the other vehicle to pass.

Minister's Road is a better route. When you get to the roundabout at the Dublin end of the bypass, take the exit back into Lusk. Keep to the left at Leonard's Garage and stay on that road. It intersects with the R132 after about 2kms.
    Wishbone, blahblah's route is out to Minister's Road. He didn't mention ant=yhthing about Kilhedge Lane (which is an alloy wheel killer as well).

I tried this route today, it was great. Definitely my new alternative route.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Plenty of rain at the moment 10.40pm so dont be suprised if there are more floods tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

dcr22B wrote: »
    Wishbone, blahblah's route is out to Minister's Road. He didn't mention ant=yhthing about Kilhedge Lane (which is an alloy wheel killer as well).
    Oops! Yes I've read it correctly now! Apologies. :o

Lol wish don't worry about it going threw chapel farm n dun emer would be slightly quicker then going the garage way and you don't have to go around that crazy corner at the church.

My route ftw!

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Lol wish don't worry about it going threw chapel farm n dun emer would be slightly quicker then going the garage way and you don't have to go around that crazy corner at the church.

My route ftw!

Going to try your route on way to work tonight. Do i actually turn into Chapel Farm?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Going to try your route on way to work tonight. Do i actually turn into Chapel Farm?

yep. the road goes straight through Chapel Farm, cross Kilhedge lane and straight through Dun Emer to Ministers road, left brings you to the round towers fuel station.

You need to turn in the entrance to Chapel farm opposite Orlynn, not the one nearer the village, that's been converted into a dead end.

The Council fixed Kilhedge lane earlier this year, yer alloys are safer now but the briars either side might still scrape yer side panels....

well snoopy how did you get on mate

ps if you are taken this route I can say take it easy on the speed going threw as theres ramps for a reason with kids about that goes for all you speed demons using my estate as a short cut lol

Havnt tried it yet, as i was on night shift all week, and was too tired to think about routes.
    Its a nice sunny afternoon now so will try it today.

Wow, great route. Tried this yesterday, and apart from the number of speed bumps its a great alternative. Dun Emer looks a nice estate, cant believe i never knew it was there!!!

lol glad you like it lad. (",)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭roneythetube

yeah nice one. :rolleyes: Come and use a housing estate with kids everywhere and speed bumps as a means of shaving a minute or so off your journey.

Take the main road like everyone else and don't use someone's home as a rat-run!

blahblah06 wrote: »
    lol glad you like it lad. (",)

Lass ;)

• Advertisement

yeah nice one. :rolleyes: Come and use a housing estate with kids everywhere and speed bumps as a means of shaving a minute or so off your journey.

Take the main road like everyone else and don't use someone's home as a rat-run!

Read my 1st post. I wanted an alternative route, when the road between Blakes Cross and Lusk is flooded. I am not going to use it every day to take a minute off my journey. By the way i work shift therefore the roads are never busy when i go on them, so going through Lusk would add more time on.

I suggest you read the post properly before you go accusing me!!!!!!!!

lol what a ......

anyone is entitled to use that route if they wish. get a life. snoopy would have passed my house and ive no problem with her using this route. its the idiots that speed threw the estate and im sure this lass doesnt.

Advertisement