Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kong Time Auto Dispenser

Options
  • 01-11-2009 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭

I'm trying to find one of these: http://www.pet-bliss.com/acatalog/Kong_Time_Kong_Dispenser.html

They seem to be discontinued and out of stock everywhere. Long shot, but has anybody seen one for sale? Alternatively, does anyone know of an alternative? The dispenser, by the way, not the kongs themselves!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Click Clicky

That page says discontinued.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Actually almost all sites that sell them have them 'out of stock' or 'discontinued'.
    So perhaps Kong have stopped making them?

I'm pretty sure they have stopped making them, I'm just hoping to find somewhere that might still have one left, or if anyone knows of anything else that would do the same job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Only one I can find is http://www.petland.com.au/prod598.htm - not sure about shipping, I think you have to enter details and it will calculate it. So I'm not sure if it's worth it from there.

• Advertisement

Doesn't allow me to order it online, it has no option for payment method. I'll fire them off an email.

Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

How I love the bumpf on that one :D
    The new and unique hi-tech Kong Time is the ideal product for those conscientious working professionals who recognise the adverse effects of their work or life schedule on their dog, and whose love and understanding leads them to try and find a way to make their dog's otherwise boring day enjoyable, fun and exciting.

The Kong Time is a durable, stylish, state-of-the-art, home-entertainment system for the home alone dog, utilising advanced electronic technology and coupling it with the legendary and irresistible Kong toy.

The Kong Time keeps a dog amused and occupied by distributing up to four Kongs, stuffed with food and treats, at random intervals within a preset period of time. A loud beep precedes the release of each Kong to signal to your dog that a Kong is about to be released, your dog will learn to recognise and respond to this sound.

This innovative new product is the answer to both dogs' and owners' dreams - and enables owners to care for their dog and keep him amused even in those times when they aren't able to be there.

All it takes to transform a dog's day is a caring owner, four ingeniously stuffed Kongs and the new Kong Time.

I would have my suspiscions on why it is discontiued though.
    I'm pretty sure that if iwould give this to my dogs, it would take two or three days max before the kong dispenser is dispensed with and turned into a heap of sharp, dangerous splinters of plastic with kongs being "distributed" when the dog wants them and not when the machine decides

peasant wrote: »

I would have my suspiscions on why it is discontiued though.
    I'm pretty sure that if iwould give this to my dogs, it would take two or three days max before the kong dispenser is dispensed with and turned into a heap of sharp, dangerous splinters of plastic with kongs being "distributed" when the dog wants them and not when the machine decides

Yep, it must've been something pretty serious. I plan on hanging mine very high up though.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

there is one on e-bay at the minute for $56, just need to buy adapter for irish conversion.
    Also check out www.amazingtreatmachine.com food dispensing interactive toy. cheap as chips but not as rugged.

Can't find it on eBay, do you have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You might be able to use an auto cat feeder by mounting up high & upside down so that the treat falls out.

star-pants wrote: »
    Only one I can find is http://www.petland.com.au/prod598.htm - not sure about shipping, I think you have to enter details and it will calculate it. So I'm not sure if it's worth it from there.
    Just wanted to say thanks for finding this. It's being shipped to my friend in Brisbane who'll then forward it on to me. Cheers for the help.

Advertisement