Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Omniplex Wexford

Options
  • 01-11-2009 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

two adults and a 2 year old. 2 pm in the afternoon. 11 euro each for the adults and 8 euro for the baby. €2 charges for the 3D glasses (which they collect from you at the end of the film)

Disgraceful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭p15574

I think in Movies @ Dundrum, which you would expect to be among the most expensive, it is 8.50 for an adult ticket, with 50c for the 3D glasses, which you can then keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

We got to keep the 3D glasses last time in Omniplex wexford and they were only a euro each.

Also I think they've an offer if you book your tickets online for €6.50 adult, I don't know if it's still running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Fergality

Wexford Omniplex has never charged for 3D glasses

The extra charge is for the running cost of the lamp in the projector, which runs at a higher rate during 3D shows.

They try to offer 2D versions of most shows to ensure the choice is there, but obviously it isn't always possible.

(two years late)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

Stopped going to 3d movies ages ago, never come out from a movie feeling I enjoyed it.

Running cost of the lamp for 3d is a new one on me.

IMHO it's a scam from the movie industry to get extra $$$ from us.

Advertisement