Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista sound issue, caused by poker client?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭

Almost every time I switch on a poker client my sound goes on my laptop?:confused:
    Does anybody have any idea what might be causing this or has anybody experienced similar? Its happened when I've played on Stars (Literally every time I play on it), FTP & Ladbrokes and its getting really irritating. Obviously the issue is on my end (my laptop/vista) and may not be caused exclusively by poker clients, I just havn't come across anything else that does it.
    Any help appreciated,
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mick84

Could just be a corrupt sound driver. Just re-install the audio driver for the laptop and see if it fixes the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭dazzday

Had a similar issue myself, although i got action sounds on Ladbrokes but no sound if i wanted to play youtube etc while im playing. Knocking off all the sound in the options solved it, but still quite annoying. Try updating the audio drivers just in case.

Personally I upgraded to Win 7, and the bug seems to be fixed. Plus i can resize full windows to fit multi tables on my screen w/o having to change table layout etc.

Win 7 rocks for poker!

Advertisement