Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where's open for coffee on a Sunday?

• 01-11-2009 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Just heading out for a coffee later with some friends, and I've my own favourites down around town, but I don't know where's open on a Sunday.

Any suggestions? I'd consider Tramore too if there's anywhere with a nice view.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Waterford.. place across there from Coney Island. Cant think of the name but they do lovely cake also.

Tramore.. The Vic Cafe or the place beside Lido Pizza do nice coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

Waterford.. place across there from Coney Island. Cant think of the name but they do lovely cake also.
    Think "Bodega" is what your thinking of??? that place is nice.

Cafe Lucia in the Arundal lane opposite supermacs on the way to alfie hales is lovely! deadly panninis!! not sure of sunday hours do but should be open.

Also there is a place in the old house in the peoples park by the three ships is supposed to be nice. Havent been there yet do

Also you have any of the quieter bars like t&hs or geoffs or the one opposite cafe lucia in arundal lane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

Clano wrote: »

think its the place next door to Bodega hes on about?Cafe Luna i think its called or it used to be anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clano

anplaya wrote: »

think its the place next door to Bodega hes on about?Cafe Luna i think its called or it used to be anyway.

Yep thats the one sound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭ec18

anplaya wrote: »

Yep thats the one sound

summatra

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

ec18 wrote: »

summatra

thats what its called now?think it was called cafe luna before,dont really pay much attention to coffeeshops,not a coffee fan myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

fricatus wrote: »
    Just heading out for a coffee later with some friends, and I've my own favourites down around town, but I don't know where's open on a Sunday.

Any suggestions? I'd consider Tramore too if there's anywhere with a nice view.

BB's, O'Brien's and the Bagel Factory open earlyish, as in around 11am or maybe earlier. Summatra probably opens around 12ish. There's always Geoffs, good for coffee on a Sunday. Is Harlequin open on Sundays?

Out the back of the Vic in Tramore. Maybe the Vee is open too. Majestic seems to be taken over by weddings these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭deisedol

I went to the park with the kids one sunday and i got coffee in the little cafe there at the entrance. they do great home made desserts and excellent coffee.
    i am not sure if it is open every sunday though.

deisedol wrote: »
    I went to the park with the kids one sunday and i got coffee in the little cafe there at the entrance. they do great home made desserts and excellent coffee.
    i am not sure if it is open every sunday though.

They've been just opening in the summer, but I don't think they've closed for the winter yet, so there's hope.

There's also a new place in the Theatre Royal, which I have no details about.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Ausone

Place in the theatre royal is Lemon Tree.
    Open Mon to Fri 8.30am to 4.30pm

http://www.theatreroyal.ie/information/lemon_tree_at_the_theatre_royal/

I was there only once, for lunch, and it was very good. Nice Chowder!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Does the Book Centre serve coffee on Sundays? Haven't been in there in a whie.

Daysha wrote: »
    Does the Book Centre serve coffee on Sundays? Haven't been in there in a whie.

Iirc, not on Sundays.

Advertisement