Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posters on the wall??

Options
  • 01-11-2009 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

I dotn know if this is the right forum, so plase feel free to move.

Im in a rented accom and want to put some posters on the wall as the place is a bit bare, the walls were only freshly painted so i dont want to damage them.

is bluetak the best option or them velcro sticky things...or even drawing pins?
    The lease is a generic one and mentions nothing about posters, so i think its ok for me to put some up.

Im only going to be putting up say 3 or 4, but obviously dont want to mark the walls.

Or any other ideas on how to put some posters up without damaging the place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Blu tac is your best bet tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

There's no guarantee that blue tack won't leave marks on the paintwork...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59989165

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you're putting anything whatsoever on the wall- make a working assumption that the walls will need to be repainted after you. Even if blu-tack doesn't take the paint off the wall- it often leaves a greasy mark which looks awful (unless you cover it with something else). Sellotape and those velcro thingys- well, they're even more likely to remove the paint.

How about asking the landlord if he/she would be ok with a few picture hooks going up (or even ask- if they'll put them up for you- but don't hold your breath on this one)- and frame those prints you want to put up. They'll look far nicer- and will be the sort of things you can keep and bring elsewhere- instead of the tat they up being, when blutacked or worse......?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

White tac is best.
    Drawing pins leave obvious marks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

smccarrick wrote: »
    How about asking the landlord if he/she would be ok with a few picture hooks going up (or even ask- if they'll put them up for you- but don't hold your breath on this one)- and frame those prints you want to put up. They'll look far nicer

Yes, go with framed posters - sticking posters on walls with blu-tac is for teenagers!

Advertisement