Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inconsistent water pressure

Options
  • 01-11-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Not sure if I'm in the right place.

The water from my taps (and when cistern is filling) runs at different pressures - what I would call normal for a few seconds, then a 'surge' for a few seconds, back to normal, etc. Is this a sign that something is wrong in the system? Hasn't always been like this but has been for a couple of months now.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Are you living in a house/apt. Are you connected to a pump. Does it happen all over the house. Does it happen at certain times or all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

Living in a rural house, 7 yrs old. Happens all over the house. Have a pump.

Dammo wrote: »
    Living in a rural house, 7 yrs old. Happens all over the house. Have a pump.

Have the pump got a hugh big bubble called an expansion vessel or is it just a 1,2 or 3 bar pump

Have the pump got a hugh big bubble called an expansion vessel or is it just a 1,2 or 3 bar pump

No idea but there's a small cylinder type thing in the pump house. Sorry, completely useless with this stuff.

Dammo wrote: »
    No idea but there's a small cylinder type thing in the pump house. Sorry, completely useless with this stuff.

Thats alright. What is sounds like is that your pump is intermittently kicking in.(No sh1t sherlock) I am not very good one well pumps I just wanted to know what type of pump you have to help you get a better answer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stella1

Prob something got to do with the pressure switch. A grey little box on the pump or on the pipe. Not big monie.

Cheers guys, I'll get someone to have a look at it.

Thanks.

Just to update anyone who might have a similar prob, the tank in the pumphouse had a broken bladder (sounds painful!) and was flooded. No pressure in it.

None of that means a jot to me but if it helps anyone else, great.

Thanks again for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stella1

Good you got sorted. Wells are funny things.

Advertisement