Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO opens Tuesday...eeeeeeep :(

Options
  • 01-11-2009 5:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea what they wanna do? I know what I want but I'm actually s****ing it...It feels too soon to put it in :( i can't believe it's here already...eeeeeeeep :( ANyone else scared?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Yeah same here :( I cant believe mid term is over and I have done no study!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Yes :o I do not know what to do, i know its not the end of the world if i go into a course i end up not liking but its a big decision and i really hope i figure out something soon!
    Also havn't studied this week and i'm a little scared of the amount of work i have to do before June, yet i'm still on boards instead of in my room doing work :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Chill the feck out, you have until the end of June to decide what you want to do:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Hehe anyone I know has done basically no study for this mid term and you guys seem to be the exact same.

I think that its perfectly okay to not do any study during this mid term. In fairness, most of us have been working hard the last two months and we're still only getting into the swing of things in terms of, doing homework and aswell trying to find the time to do some study during weekdays.

So I really don't think we should be worrying. There are 7 months left before the exams. I honestly think that that is enough time to study.

We'll be grand :)

Burswood wrote: »
    Hehe anyone I know has done basically no study for this mid term and you guys seem to be the exact same.

I think that its perfectly okay to not do any study during this mid term. In fairness, most of us have been working hard the last two months and we're still only getting into the swing of things in terms of, doing homework and aswell trying to find the time to do some study during weekdays.

So I really don't think we should be worrying. There are 7 months left before the exams. I honestly think that that is enough time to study.

We'll be grand :)
    I feel like the definition of dork having studied:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

theowen wrote: »
    I feel like the definition of dork having studied:P

Well, like u said mate, you're aiming for 600. And, you picked up an extra 2 subjects this year. If that were me, I would be definitely be doing study this week!

I brought all my books (besides Irish because pass irish is a piece of piss) home with me last Friday evening.
    I decided that I would give myself the weekend off and intend to start doing 9am-3pm this week - of study.

What actually happened was;
    Monday: 3 hours of study.
    Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: Lived with my band and played for pretty much 3 days solid. No study. At all.
    Friday: Involved alot of internet and no opening of books. Why? Because I just couldn't be arsed.
    Saturday: Did the bulk of my homework and later went out to the pub and even later got stoned.
    Sunday (today): Signed up to boards.ie and still have this stupid Vision and Viewpoint thing for English to do for tomorrow.

So, my point is - Nothing went to plan and now I'm ****ting it because my English teacher is a stuck up cow and will murder me if I don't have this stupid Vision and Viewpoint thing done.

So.. Eh.. Yeah.. Rant over :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Heh I can no longer look at my application from last year, I'm almost excited to be able to fill it out again! I'm such a sado :o

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

that post syddenly scares me, we are all still settling in and they go doing this to us :'(

its just not fair!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Don't we have til February to give them in though?

laura93 wrote: »
    Don't we have til February to give them in though?

Yeah the first i think? Still don't like the thought of getting it so early, it actually makes it real lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yeah same here :( I cant believe mid term is over and I have done no study!
    ^th years in our school have christmas exams starting Tuesday!

Yeah the first i think? Still don't like the thought of getting it so early, it actually makes it real lol
    That's only for restricted courses eg medicine. For other courses you have until the end of June to change your mind:rolleyes:

theowen wrote: »
    That's only for restricted courses eg medicine. For other courses you have until the end of June to change your mind:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

if I apply tomorrow and fill the online form up, can I keep changing it untill that date in January when it closes for the first time? We havnt been told much about CAO really!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

cork*girl wrote: »
    if I apply tomorrow and fill the online form up, can I keep changing it untill that date in January when it closes for the first time? We havnt been told much about CAO really!

Yes, any time you log into your CAO account you can change your choices. It will close on the 1st February. Then you will be charged if you want to change your choices. This is to stop people changing it so the CAO can let the dust settle and get everyones submissions together. Once this is done, it will be free to change your choices again, right up until mid July if I remember correctly. So don't worry about it yet! Having said that don't keep putting it on the long finger either, spend a good amount of time thinking and researching what career/course is for you!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i think soo

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭sheep-go-baa

I saw the title of this thread and said 'ewww' out loud :pac:
    this sixth year thing is getting kinda serious :eek:

Advertisement