Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL English - Vision & Viewpoint. What is it?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I'm a bit confused as to what exactly vision and viewpoint means, in terms of the comparitive study.

We're doing 2 texts and 1 film.

Blackwater Lightship
    A Doll's House
    Billy Elliot

I need to compare these 3 under the heading of "Vision and Viewpoint".
    But what exactly does that compromise of?

Please help :) I know I'm only new here but I'll help anyone who needs help with any Leaving Cert stuff, to the best of my abilities :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Bump.. Sorry but this thing has to be done for tomorrow and I really really need help!!

Please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cli2931

Basically the General Vision and Viewpoint of a text is the author/playwright/director's outlook when writing/making the text/film. I havn't studied any of the texts you have but what we were given notes on were optimism/pesimism, realism of the author/director and moral dilemas and choices made by the characters in the text/film.

hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭--SmItHy--

The general vision and viewpoint is a broad outlook on life..how the characters see life and how the world see's them. Can be shaped by key moments in the text, the world in which the character lives, the readers vision on life, the authors vision on life..(is the text optimistic, pessimistic or realistic which is a mix of both really)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Burswood

Guys, you're bloody saints! This completely explains it to me now!

Thanks a million for your help :)

Advertisement