Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about courses.

Options
  • 01-11-2009 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

Hi. This may sound a bit weird but I'm looking for a certain type of course. Don't know if even such thing exists but I'm trying anyways.

I'm looking for a course on organising events. I just like organising things for some reason. Do you people know of any college that does such type of course?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 geansaibui

i think what your looking for is events management :D
    ..Not certain where it can be done..Dublin would be my bet..Deff not in Galway (as far as I know anyway)

good luck with it anyway sounds interesting:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

Thanks alot mate. Will look into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Try searching on qualifax: http://www.qualifax.ie/
    It'll show up a list of courses which are in anyway connected to events management

Thank for that lawliet. I checked already but it doesn't appear to say anything about progressing after it in terms of a career really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

• Advertisement

Thanks will keep that in mind. Does anybody know if I have to have a business subject in secondary school to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

No you wouldn't need one.

That's grand. Seriously considering this. Is any boardsie here doing this type of course?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Do Business studies and take the Marketing major. This would involve organising marketing campaigns.

I've been looking up Event Management and it sounds very appealing.

I just want to give an example as it may here getting a good answer.
    Basically I want to work in a company and agents such as U2, FAI will ring us when something needs organising eg concert,a match.
    We will then do all parts of the organising.

If anybody has any clearer idea's (not saying the ones aren't already) would they please post.
    Boards may change my career choices :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

I would recommend maybe talking to MCD and that kind of promoter about this, send them an email about the kind of courses they recruit from, Im pretty sure they do internships as well.

Will look up now. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

PR and event management sligo it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

theres one in limerick it aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Indeed they do it Galway -- In GMIT. It's a brand new course.

Advertisement