Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid kidney stone...

Options
  • 01-11-2009 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭

Got it for a week now and when the pain comes....it's ridiculus. Any suggestions on how to deal with it? Pleasepleaseplease......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

emmm, i presume you've seen a doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭BrianJD

Yes, I have. Was up from Cork to Monaghan last weekend and got to spend a delightful night on a trolley in A and E in Cavan on Saturday night. I signed myself out on Sunday as I was told they would hope it would pass as it's only 5mm but it hasn't improved in a week. I'm not sure should I call to my GP or wait awhile longer. Most of the day it's fine but when it gets sore it's nearly unbearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hey there. I know your pain (literally).

I'm wondering why the hospital didn't suggest lithotripsy (non-invasive sonic blasting) or going "up" to get it.

Are you constantly in pain because any time i've ever had them (4 as far as i can remember) i was in agony for 2-3 hours before it eased.

Get back to your GP and get it sorted. If it doesn't pass naturally then you need to get it out as it might cripple you at any point when you least need it.

quarryman wrote: »
    Hey there. I know your pain (literally).

I'm wondering why the hospital didn't suggest lithotripsy (non-invasive sonic blasting) or going "up" to get it.

Are you constantly in pain because any time i've ever had them (4 as far as i can remember) i was in agony for 2-3 hours before it eased.

Get back to your GP and get it sorted. If it doesn't pass naturally then you need to get it out as it might cripple you at any point when you least need it.

Thanks. They don't have the correct equipment in Cavan so they were recommending Beaument. I'm sure it's available here in Cork, but I don't know whether to wait. It's always the same, as soon as you feel okay you hold off on doing anything but in the middle of an attack, you'd do anything to stop it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

How are you getting on with it?

• Advertisement

Thanks for asking, thankfully the problem is sorted. After I had a really bad night on Sunday last week the pain just seemed to stop after a little bit of it on Monday. I def don't think I passed it so i can only assume it broke up on it's own accord.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

BrianJD wrote: »
    Thanks for asking, thankfully the problem is sorted. After I had a really bad night on Sunday last week the pain just seemed to stop after a little bit of it on Monday. I def don't think I passed it so i can only assume it broke up on it's own accord.

I'd say this is unlikely. Often it just moves. Hopefully for you, to your bladder. Keep an eye out each time you pass water. Listen for the tell-tale *ting* *ting* *ting* in the bowl :)

You would want to be sure it has passed though, otherwise it will crop up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭dmy1001

that is good at least the pain is gone!

i have had them twice but never heard the *ting* in the bowl:)
    mine were so small they could not even see them on any xray etc but they sure caused a lot of pain!:eek:
    Anyway hopefully that is the end of it for you:)

Thanks Folks

I'm glad to be over my "Man Labour"

Advertisement