Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single purchase of photoshop between different people

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Say person A buys photoshop, they have a friend person B who decides to do some freelance graphic design - all above board, registered sole traider - person A has no problem letting person B use their computer with photoshop on it to do their graphic design...is this perfectly legal? Person B will be earning money by doing the graphic design but they are techincally using a photoshop they did not purchase themselves...

Person A and B's only relation is friendship, they are not in business together in any way and person B does not pay person A for the use of their computer or anything.

Hope the person thing isn't confusing :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Not 100% sure but I would think that would not technically be legal as I think the copy has to be registered to the business/person making the money from the use of Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

Again Im not 100% sure of this but I would imagine its fine. Ive worked for a lot of software companies throughout the years and have yet to come across one that specifies the number of people the software can be used by in the licence agreement.

Im sure Adobe specify that photoshop can only be installed on that one machine however if person b is using that machine with the full consent of person b then I cant see how any issue would arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Moromaster

How could they possibly prove it? I've done image design on lots of computers and gotten paid for it. A .png is a .png, regardless of what computer it came from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

The licence is per machine so I can't see a problem here.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

you better get portable version of photoshop then you can run it from any mashine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement