Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you and who did you sign?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Because he is one of very few Arsenal first team players left at my club and when he moves on I'll be able to tell if my team can hack it long term. I might just put Rodwell in Fabs position and see what happens

Why play as Arsenal if you have no intention in playing any Arsenal players?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Frisbee wrote: »
    Why play as Arsenal if you have no intention in playing any Arsenal players?

They were the first team to come up under "pick me a league and team". Thats how I always play.

If it's Ebbsfleet, United, Barca so be it. It just happened to be Arsenal this time around.

Right now I'm Vitesse. I prefer the randomness of that option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I'm doing a challenge on one of the FM forums, to win the league in Spain, England, Italy, Scotland and Australia. Started off as Barca, just to get the Spanish league done quickly.:cool:
    Only signing was Jovetic from Fiorentina for €16.25m.

Anyone else noticing serious problems with the amount it's taking to sign some players?

Just entering into my second season with Arsenal and Gallas isn't really going to cut it this year as first choice I think.

I've signed plenty of prospects and younger players but need an established CB to shore up my defence.

Offering Roma 28 Million for Mexes and having it turned down.

Offering Juve 30 Million plus Rosicky for Chiellini and no dice.

Anyone have an established CB they've managed to buy for a reasonable sum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Mike Bassett

Finally finished my first season with stoke. Finished 7th so qualifed for the UEFA cup and got to the semi's of the FA cup. At the start I choose to avoid relegation got around 6m and signed ronaldo and beckham,then in january i bought deco+beletti and anichebe on loan and Riquelme free on a pre contract.Sold Shawcross to United for 15m,didnt want to but he was only worth 4.I signed Garay and Otemendi for next season out of that,they were transfer listed after january. I have sold most of the squad so im fairly tight with regards injuries. I choose top half finish at the start of the second season and got 10m but the wage budget is very tight. I think I would have got more but 18m is being invested in a new stadium.I bought Milysev (Ukranian guy) and joe hart out of this..my squad now at the start of the second season is...

GK Sorenson
    RB Beletti
    CB Faye
    CB Garay
    LB Higgenbottom
    RW Beckham
    CM Deco
    CM Riquelme
    LW Tuncay
    ST Ronaldo
    ST Milysev

S1 Otamendi
    S2 Delap
    S3 Arsmendi
    S4 Lawrence
    S5 Beattie
    S6 Hart

R Huth
    R Collins

So what do ye reckon?I know I could be caught with injuries and im lacking steel in the midfield buti play slow tempo possession football and its working well so far,my plan is to complete 2 more seasons with the old guys and sneak in one of two decent younish players in between (Milysev,Otamendi, Hart, Garay) and hopefully break into the top 4 this season and consolidate it next season.Then get rid of all the old guys and bring in a team of solid players...sounds good in theory,just hopin that with the new stadium and a decent run in europe will make the stoke board less tight with the purse strings.

• Advertisement

Anyone else noticing serious problems with the amount it's taking to sign some players?

Just entering into my second season with Arsenal and Gallas isn't really going to cut it this year as first choice I think.

I've signed plenty of prospects and younger players but need an established CB to shore up my defence.

I hear ya,before my stoke city game i had a mess game with chelsea just to see who I could but,hulk value 4m no deal for anything less than 20, I could list countless other players,dont know why it is but it's very annoying. Cant really think of an established centre back off hand but maybe you could try unsettling one of the boys you just mentioned?Get him transfer listed

I've also found this. I'm trying to sign Elia from HSV at the moment. He's worth 4.5 million and I offered 7 million. Didn't take it.

I eventually went up to 15 million (for a 4.5 million rated player) and they still won't take it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

45 million to get de rossi ?????
    30 million to get lloris from lyon (gk) valued at 6 1/2

outlandish.

fatjebus wrote: »
    45 million to get de rossi ?????
    30 million to get lloris from lyon (gk) valued at 6 1/2

outlandish.

Roma just tried to make me pay 43.8 million for Mexes.

For all the good things about this game, theyir transfer system is massively flawed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

Agreed, I really think they need to sort out transfers in the next patch, some of the stuff I'm seeing in game is absolute nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Finally finished my first season with stoke. Finished 7th so qualifed for the UEFA cup and got to the semi's of the FA cup. At the start I choose to avoid relegation got around 6m and signed ronaldo and beckham,then in january i bought deco+beletti and anichebe on loan and Riquelme free on a pre contract.Sold Shawcross to United for 15m,didnt want to but he was only worth 4.I signed Garay and Otemendi for next season out of that,they were transfer listed after january. I have sold most of the squad so im fairly tight with regards injuries. I choose top half finish at the start of the second season and got 10m but the wage budget is very tight. I think I would have got more but 18m is being invested in a new stadium.I bought Milysev (Ukranian guy) and joe hart out of this..my squad now at the start of the second season is...

GK Sorenson
    RB Beletti
    CB Faye
    CB Garay
    LB Higgenbottom
    RW Beckham
    CM Deco
    CM Riquelme
    LW Tuncay
    ST Ronaldo
    ST Milysev

S1 Otamendi
    S2 Delap
    S3 Arsmendi
    S4 Lawrence
    S5 Beattie
    S6 Hart

R Huth
    R Collins

So what do ye reckon?I know I could be caught with injuries and im lacking steel in the midfield buti play slow tempo possession football and its working well so far,my plan is to complete 2 more seasons with the old guys and sneak in one of two decent younish players in between (Milysev,Otamendi, Hart, Garay) and hopefully break into the top 4 this season and consolidate it next season.Then get rid of all the old guys and bring in a team of solid players...sounds good in theory,just hopin that with the new stadium and a decent run in europe will make the stoke board less tight with the purse strings.
    What a great work rate and tackling midlfield you have ! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

riberys contract comes up at the end of the 2nd season, anyone snatch him on the cheap, ive got him for 25mil for chelsea!! coulda been more if i had been patient but worried someone else would snatch him!!

bargin!!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    What a great work rate and tackling midlfield you have ! :P

I sense sarcasm? Well actually my midfield is now

Tuncay
    Beckham
    Riquelme
    Lawrence

And if you look up these player their workrate is actually quite good believe it or not(except Riquelme),Deco's is fairly good too...I play a slow tempo anyway so we usually have too much of the ball to worry about tackilng:p

haha, wow - sarcasm?

Seriously though, theres no holding midfielder!

Also @LanceStorm I got him for €18million or so at arsenal at the end of the first season. Midway through the second season he got unhappy in england, and although this went away at the send of the second seaosn, his average rating over 29 league games (at AML) was 5.6 or something! So I bought Jovetic!

Max Power1 wrote: »
    haha, wow - sarcasm?

Seriously though, theres no holding midfielder!

Ah I know what your saying and if you notice in my post you will see I fully acknowledge my lack of steel in midfield but you see the problem is when your Stoke city I dont have too much of a choice when it come to buying players as my transfer budget is not the same as one of the big teams which I assume your managing seeing as you mention buying ribery and jovetic. I have to look for out of contract and transfer listed players as I cannot afford to pay over the odds. Ideally I would like a good DM but unless one is transfer listed I cant afford to spend 15m on one. Though my current Keegan policy of scoring more than the opposition is doing just fine for me,finished 7th in my 1st season and am currently 3rd in december this season. Im also begining to get the core of a solid team, Hart, Otamendi,Garay and Milysev have years left in them and are very solid players. Do I have the perfect team?..no. Do I know what I need?..yes. Am i doing the best job possible with the resources I have?..more than likely.

Ah I know what your saying and if you notice in my post you will see I fully acknowledge my lack of steel in midfield but you see the problem is when your Stoke city I dont have too much of a choice when it come to buying players as my transfer budget is not the same as one of the big teams which I assume your managing seeing as you mention buying ribery and jovetic. I have to look for out of contract and transfer listed players as I cannot afford to pay over the odds. Ideally I would like a good DM but unless one is transfer listed I cant afford to spend 15m on one. Though my current Keegan policy of scoring more than the opposition is doing just fine for me,finished 7th in my 1st season and am currently 3rd in december this season. Im also begining to get the core of a solid team, Hart, Otamendi,Garay and Milysev have years left in them and are very solid players. Do I have the perfect team?..no. Do I know what I need?..yes. Am i doing the best job possible with the resources I have?..more than likely.
    Ah i know lol i was only saying :P

Yep i normally have one arsenal game when i buy FM first, and then its LLM all the way so i get what your saying

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭horsebox09

Im doing a season with Leeds at the moment, signed some guy called Sergey Krivets from BATE for £430,000 and he's an absolute beast! Im only in September and has value has almost tripled, id recommend him for Championship teams, even lower Premiership clubs, he's streets ahead of any player in League 1!

Other than him I signed David wright from Ipswich for £200,000, hes a decent right back.

Im really liking the game so far, seems alot easier than any other Football Manager game I played ( started playing in 2003/2004 ), the match day system is improved immensely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Anyone start as Man City? Roque Santa Cruz obviously out from the beginning of the season, but when he got back for me he got a bruised head - out a week- a groin strain - 3 weeks- and then a broken leg and out for 6 months! :mad::mad::mad:

Is this a bit of a glitch like the last one where they had a ridiculous amount of injuries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Anyone start as Man City? Roque Santa Cruz obviously out from the beginning of the season, but when he got back for me he got a bruised head - out a week- a groin strain - 3 weeks- and then a broken leg and out for 6 months! :mad::mad::mad:

Is this a bit of a glitch like the last one where they had a ridiculous amount of injuries?

So you don't train your players properly, run them from one injury to the next and then give out about it. Maybe you'd like the code for the cheat where your players never get injured???

How about you don't pick a mega rich Prem team and try your luck with a Darlington or Gillingham and work your way up?? No, I suppose not coz then you cant buy your success. Your everything that is wrong with Football Manager, and I speak for many when I say that.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Yeah, the "pick a team for me" button is your friend!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,233 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

So you don't train your players properly, run them from one injury to the next and then give out about it. Maybe you'd like the code for the cheat where your players never get injured???

How about you don't pick a mega rich Prem team and try your luck with a Darlington or Gillingham and work your way up?? No, I suppose not coz then you cant buy your success. Your everything that is wrong with Football Manager, and I speak for many when I say that.....

tbh he can play as whoever he fúcking wants, it's not like he's playing against you or will ever effect your game. Some people don't have the time or the patience to work their way up and each to their own.

EDIT: I started with QPR and signed Amr Zaki for about 1 and a half million. Anyone in low prem or Championship should sign him from Al Saad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭The G Child

Liam O wrote: »
    tbh he can play as whoever he fúcking wants, it's not like he's playing against you or will ever effect your game. Some people don't have the time or the patience to work their way up and each to their own.

EDIT: I started with QPR and signed Amr Zaki for about 1 and a half million. Anyone in low prem or Championship should sign him from Al Saad.

Of course he'll never affect my game. I like to feel a sense of achievement by taking a club from the gutter to the top. He likes to take a team and buy his way to glory, then moan about how easy it is.

This is not a personal attack on Wucking Fanker, just an attack on the constant boasting and arrogance. Each to their own is true, but don't start moaning about how it's too easy. If it's too easy, try to scale down a couple of divisions and challenge yourself. That's all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Of course he'll never affect my game. I like to feel a sense of achievement by taking a club from the gutter to the top. He likes to take a team and buy his way to glory, then moan about how easy it is.

This is not a personal attack on Wucking Fanker, just an attack on the constant boasting and arrogance. Each to their own is true, but don't start moaning about how it's too easy. If it's too easy, try to scale down a couple of divisions and challenge yourself. That's all I'm saying.

:rolleyes: you've followed me to a couple of threads now. are you going to point out where i've been arrogant and actually back up your statements? what i said is that the game is slightly unrealistic because of the ridiculous amount of scoring done by carlos tevez and so on - a point made by many others on here.

as for being a darlington or gillingham, maybe i don't want to be them. did you consider that? and you like to feel a sense of achievement by going from the top to the bottom? if that is the sum of your lifes achievements then theres not much hope for you. i like to play it for what it is, a bit of crack and nothing serious.

Now I'll be hitting the ignore button beside your name after this, cos i don't want to clog up these boards by going OT, but you be sure to keep on fighting the good fight.

Back on topic: Franco Zuculini is a quality young DM and Inaki Bergara is a great coach for either defense or goalkeeping.

So I just started a new game as Barcelona Athletic, basically their reserve team way down in division 3 B or C something like that, and I have to say its the most frustrating team I have ever taken over.

Everytime I gain any sort of momentum (winning one game even) the players get switched around and I end up having to play a match with 13 players in my squad because the players either go into the first team (and I cant transfer them back) or the youth team and the same result of unable to transfer them back into mine.

Granted I'm working through the pain of it because I'm top of the league, but it is incredibly annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Started as Gillingham, season objective was to consolidate my position in league 2. Im 10th at the mo, so the chairmen is happy enough with 8 games left. All transfers were free agents before signing for me.
    A young Serbian Luca Senicanin is a good find for any one playing a lower league team.He's young and can improve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Keith11

Ya Senicanin is a good solid youngster, managed to get him with Shelbourne, so he will go down to the very low leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

have smolerak & zaki up front for leeds, got promoted from league one with 120 poimts!! although beckford was top scorer.
    need a good keeper for championship, any suggestions?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Keith C wrote: »
    have smolerak & zaki up front for leeds, got promoted from league one with 120 poimts!! although beckford was top scorer.

Alex Smithies. Only 19 but turns into a great keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Keith11

Keith C wrote: »

Silviu Lung jr would also be a great buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

Keith11 wrote: »
    Silviu Lung jr would also be a great buy.

Friend of mine got him for Valenica, he's very good.

Advertisement