Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pitch and Putt

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Does anyone know of any Pitch and Putt par 3 courses in Wexford? Thanks.

Comments

Rathaspeck Manor, just outside of town is quite nice. Garylough in Castlebridge is also a nice little course with a driving range. Killane Castle driving range is also handy, not sure if the pitch and putt is up and running there yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Rathaspeck Manor, just outside of town is quite nice. Garylough in Castlebridge is also a nice little course with a driving range. Killane Castle driving range is also handy, not sure if the pitch and putt is up and running there yet.

Garylough is closed this long time!

Rathaspeck is a nice little course, always well maintained. The course in Blackwater is nice too, and the one in Enniscorthy isnt too bad either. Rathaspeck gets the vote from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭secman

Blackwater golf course is really a par 3 course, nice and hilly one too.

Secman

Garylough is closed this long time!

Rathaspeck is a nice little course, always well maintained. The course in Blackwater is nice too, and the one in Enniscorthy isnt too bad either. Rathaspeck gets the vote from me.

Really? Haven't been out that way in years! I play Rathaspeck mainly, used to play the one near Edermine, but that shut down :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 cupcakes_mcgee

Thanks everyone, the place we use to go to is closing for a while so we wanted to find somewhere else that wouldn't laugh us off the course. Thanks again.

• Advertisement

Really? Haven't been out that way in years! I play Rathaspeck mainly, used to play the one near Edermine, but that shut down :(

Yep, someone told me it was sold to a developer who wanted to build houses on it, but I'm not sure how true that one is.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭acer911

Blackwater is by far the best, worth the extra few mins drive, greens are really well maintained (unlike Rathaspeck), its a very dry course even though there is alot of water...

Very challanging and incredibly beautiful...:D

Just wondering though, we're not really that good at the whole pitch and putt thing so would it be ok to go to places like blackwater?

Just wondering though, we're not really that good at the whole pitch and putt thing so would it be ok to go to places like blackwater?

Yeah, but beware its quite challenging, there is a good bit of water in it, holes are typically 90 yards up to 170 yards...

i think they have a website if you google it...

ok cool thanks!

• Advertisement

acer911 wrote: »
    Blackwater is by far the best, worth the extra few mins drive, greens are really well maintained (unlike Rathaspeck), its a very dry course even though there is alot of water...

The last time i played in Rathaspeck the greens were mint! Prob too fast if anything!

The last time i played in Rathaspeck the greens were mint! Prob too fast if anything!

really, i doubt that now i have to say... it must be a good while ago, tee boxes and greens are usually in pretty bad shape, it only really gets play as there are no other par 3's around...

I was surprised at the condition tbh, but the last time I played it was definately in very good shape.

Although I will agree that it had been in bad shape before.

Advertisement