Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Bailey

Options
  • 01-11-2009 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of having my 21st here, anyone been to one here? I'm thinking of having it here, according to one of my brothers it's wicked for parties.

I've only ever been there for a drink or 5 sp I dunno what it's like for parties, would there be music and the whole shebang?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I was there for my Buddies 21st a few weeks back.

Nice place, there was another party upstairs too.

Food is good, there was music, it is big enough that you could fit loads in, but small enough that 40 people won't look sad.

Very nice Decor

Urinals are too close together in the mens room.

Stairs are dangerous when drunk and when it's wet.

Good enough music, charty stuff but not crap charty stuff. They had alot of MGMT when I was in there.

Pints are nice, Vodka and splash is expensive. (Double vodka and coke was 12.60 or so.)

Bouncers are watchful but won't interfere unless someone is seriously pissed. They will give you warning to get your friend in order before tossing them.

Sometimes it is 21's and over but you can talk to them about that and they will let you off.

There are 2 places for Parties really. The Upper floor and the middle floor.

It is a good place and I would recommend it for what it's worth.

Any questions ask adn I will answer if I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

How much was it too rent out do you know? i'd want it only from 10pm onwards.

And, it'll be mostly girls to be honest ha.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    How much was it too rent out do you know? i'd want it only from 10pm onwards.

And, it'll be mostly girls to be honest.

No idea how much, he was on the mid level a small place only.

TBH I doubt they charge to rent it out, or you could convince them not to and just pay for the food and whatever.

Mostly girls you say :P

No idea how much, he was on the mid level a small place only.

TBH I doubt they charge to rent it out, or you could convince them not to and just pay for the food and whatever.

Mostly girls you say :P

See we're doing some food and drink at mine first I think, that's kinda the plan as of now after we head into town no idea what to do :( So, kinda looking at options either go to a place like "The Bailey" or head on into a club.

And yup mainly girls! lol

If that's the plan then there would be no real need to Rent IMO, just say the place and ask can you reserve a small area, if they ask for a fee then fcuk them!!

If I were you I think I would go to the Mardyke though, especially if you aren't getting food. It's big enough that ye can all find each other, and there is pool/bowling.

But that's me.

Also, Mardyke gets much similar crowd and plays similar music to the Bailey.

• Advertisement

If that's the plan then there would be no real need to Rent IMO, just say the place and ask can you reserve a small area, if they ask for a fee then fcuk them!!

If I were you I think I would go to the Mardyke though, especially if you aren't getting food. It's big enough that ye can all find each other, and there is pool/bowling.

But that's me.

Also, Mardyke gets much similar crowd and plays similar music to the Bailey.

Don't they close pretty early on Thursdays though, like 12.30? Cause I thought about that! I'd love to play Pool in my Dolces ha!

Don't they close pretty early on Thursdays though, like 12.30? Cause I thought about that! I'd love to play Pool in my Dolces ha!

Ah, I didn't think of that and you are probably right.

The Bailey is good though, so do give them a call.

How many are you seeing as going?

If it's a small enough number say less than 35 then the mid section would do and you probably wouldn't have to pay.

If more the Upper floor would be better as it can take alot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Vinta I agree 100% with what minidazzler said regarding the bailey. Prob better off heading to a club with a VIP area if you are not looking for somewhere to eat and will be late enough arriving.

When is your 21st anyway?

I'm kinda gone off the Bailey now lol, prob just my house then onto Cubins maybe stop in a bar first for one more then onto a club.

Mid/Late Nov ;)

I'm kinda gone off the Bailey now lol, prob just my house then onto Cubins maybe stop in a bar first for one more then onto a club.

Mid/Late Nov ;)

Ye the bailey isn't the nicest spot. Kinda small anyway!

I would recommend hiring bodyguards (a must at any 21st!!), you do not want anyone getting too close to the sexy beautiful outfit that you will have on.

I think I can speak for both myself and minidazzler when I say "we will happily take that job ;)"

• Advertisement

kingtut wrote: »
    Ye the bailey isn't the nicest spot. Kinda small anyway!

I would recommend hiring bodyguards (a must at any 21st!!), you do not want anyone getting too close to the sexy beautiful outfit that you will have on.

I think I can speak for both myself and minidazzler when I say "we will happily take that job ;)"

Nah, I can't be in a pub and not drink. And Drunk Body Guard doesn't suit!

Nah, I can't be in a pub surrounded by Vinta and her 300 female friends and not drink even though I will be too busy chatting to them to get through a drink!. And Drunk handsome devil doesn't suit!

umm after that post I am worried about you, don't worry Vinta I can go it alone :P

The Bailey is huge! It has loads of floors!

The Bailey is huge! It has loads of floors!

It is many floors but none of the floors are all that big, get 100 people onto any floor and it is jammers, that is why you need body guards!

I'll have my own man but cheers for the offer ;)

I'll have my own man but cheers for the offer ;)

Hope ya have him well trained :cool: is he also going to look after all your guests ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I'm not taking care of your guests with your brother ya hear! :P

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    I'm not taking care of your guests with your brother ya hear! :P

I thought you were gonna drive me to and from :p I'll hop over the road and put some balloons on your car and all! Pimp yo ride!

Advertisement