Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6 - So who is your main?

• 01-11-2009 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

I main Jin at the moment but I'm considering switching to Devil as he's more like his Tekken 3 counterpart. The other character I use is Heihachi but I use him more for the novelty but have to say, he's got some power and his 10 hit combos are quick and the fact that the devil spin kicks come early on, good for mixup so it seems like a good surprise combo. Although I main Jin, I'd probably fair better with him so I think I'll concentrate more on mastering either Heihachi or Devil.

I'm fairly new to Tekken so I'd probably not do too well at the meet but all part of the learning process :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Gonna main Bryan, he's been my main ever since they changed Jin's styles in Tekken 4; and then again in Tekken 5.

F,F+2 MACH PUNCH!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Reanimemmett

At the moment Bryan and Heihachi. I like Dragunov too, need to try out some of the new characters aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hwoarang. Has been since Tekken 3. Just love his style, his character... everything. And now with Tekken 6, he's the only one I've defeated Azazel with first time

I don't know which buttons are 1, 2, 3, and 4, but going by PS buttons, my favourite move is F, F + O (which puts you behind your opponent) then use a throw. Nearly always works. Always effective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭Joneser

Havnt gotten the game yet, but will prob be xiaoyu or law, by far my favourite characters

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Yeah, Yoshi is in it. I love using the suicide move and killing the opponent at the same time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I don't know which buttons are 1, 2, 3, and 4, but going by PS buttons, my favourite move is F, F + O (which puts you behind your opponent) then use a throw. Nearly always works. Always effective

1 = LP = Square
    2 = RP = Triangle
    3 = LK = X
    4 = RK = O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Don't have this yet but when I first played the arcade version last month I decided I'd pick up one of the new characters and I settled on Alisa. Will I stick with her, or go back to the tried-and-trusted Paul? Only time will tell.

Other characters you're likely to see me play from time to time:

- Law
    - Xiaoyu
    - Wang
    - Julia (so much fun launching someone then f, f+1-ing them for what seems like an eternity. Seems it's been nerfed in T6, though.)
    - the Mishimas
    - King (landing an f, f+4 on counter hit is just awesome)
    - Craig Marduk
    - Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh god I hate Julia. Ever since I tried finishing Tekken 4 with every character. Took me almost 50 tries to beat Heihachi

Haven't really used Yoshimitsu since T3, might start using him again. Never really used Feng Wei either. Might give him a try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

i have a pretty mean Hwoarang, but i'm gonna be ORIGINAL and pick a new character, Lars seems th most appealing, and he seems easy enough to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

My main is Kazuya. Although I also use Devil Jin, since I hated when they changed Jin's style to that ****ty one. I use King and Armor King too. Altho I'm finding it hard to retrain myself with the CD motions and WDing. Xbox pad sucks. Lag online doesn't help either :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Kazuya.

Devil Jin/Heihachi/Jin.

They're really the only characters I pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Mishimas since t3, so Kaz mainly then Devil, then Heihachi
    Have to get used to the other character changes but will likely use Steve, Feng, Nina and maybe Bruce/Bryan
    Not bothered with newbies although Lars is meant to be best character in the game

Advertisement