Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Q] Want to Buy Blackberry for GF Prepay/Pay as you Go

• 01-11-2009 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭

GF wants me to get her a Blackberry for birthday

Looked at the vodafone online and there are only ones for bill pay as she is on pay as you go. I can see some over on adverts

Why is it that they are all on bill pay? Also were is the best place to buy one or at least look at the cost of them

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

GF wants me to get her a Blackberry for birthday

Looked at the vodafone online and there are only ones for bill pay as she is on pay as you go. I can see some over on adverts

Why is it that they are all on bill pay? Also were is the best place to buy one or at least look at the cost of them

They need a special Blackberry plan for data and push email which is no use for PAYG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

whiterebel wrote: »
    They need a special Blackberry plan for data and push email which is no use for PAYG.

The phone can still be used on pay as you go like any other though, you just lose the blackberry services.

Adverts is a good place to start op

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Try expansys.ie .They have the blackberry curve 8520 for €239.99 the blue one is pretty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Davy wrote: »
    The phone can still be used on pay as you go like any other though, you just lose the blackberry services.

Blackberry services, won't be just email, it'll cover webbrowsing, maps and MMS- basically any feature using a data connection. End result you'll lose a lot of the phone functionality, so think hard before getting it for your girlfriend.

If her email is at gmail, most other phones will handle a pretty swaap app from Gmail which will give you pretty much live email on pay as you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Well looks like I wont be getting it for her have to do with what she has;)

Yeah any phone with email access wll do just have to get her to choose which one as Blackberry will be a waste of money

Thanks for all the advise

• Advertisement
Advertisement