Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voice training / singing lessons in Thurles area

Options
  • 01-11-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Is there any possibility of finding voice training lessons in the Thurles area? I used to take lessons out in Templemore but that's now unfortunately way out of my way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 el123456

Hi, i don't know anyone who does voice in Thurles but maybe you could give me the name and address of the person doing it in Templemore!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Kitty-kitty

I couldn't tell you her address now, it was a few years ago, but her name was Nina Scott.

Thanks a million, I think I know her- does she live out the Templemore-Dunkerrin Road, just opposite the Park?:)

I don't know, I know coming into Templemore you turn left at the petrol station, though? If you do get hold of her number at some stage please PM it to me? I lost it AGES ago and if I ever do get the hang of this driving thing I'd love to go back to her.

Is she a good teacher? Does she make it easy to understand? Of course, if i get her number i'll PM it to you! Her 2 daughters go to the Ursuline, I finished my leaving cert there in June and am currently taking a gap year! Does she cater for complete beginners?:)

• Advertisement

She mostly does musical theatre but if you get sheet music for a specific song you want if she doesn't have it she'll teach you that too.

She's really good, and she does teach you specifics for beginners. We spent about an hour on breathing exercises and scales, so far as I remember, and she'll figure out your range for you as well and tell you if you're soprano or mezzo or whatever. She's very patient, too.

I'm kinda embarassed because i can't sing- she'll probably laugh at me!!:confused::confused: Is she a good option if you have never done anything in singing before! Did you do it in her house?:)

Yeah she has a room devoted to it. Don't worry, she's very nice, and everyone feels stupid starting off. To get volume in your voice you'll probably start off shouting so you won't feel self conscious afterward! I was a beginner when I started with her so do give her a try if she's still doing lessons (and pass her number on to me, won't you? :o)

Thanks a million!!:)I feel better now!!!:) Will definetly pass on her number when i get it! Thanks again for all your help!:););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭enfeild

I hear Tom in Holycross is a brill singer.
    Lurv.
    POP
    XX

• Advertisement

Oh my god Da stop embarrassing me in public.

Advertisement