Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 Focus - Boot opens when opening or locking drivers door.

Options
  • 01-11-2009 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭

Boot opens when opening or locking drivers door with key. It stays lock when I close it. Could it be the solenoid or does the boot catch need a good cleaning? :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I had no end of trouble with the locks (and sunroof and windows and lights and...) on my old Focus. Presuming it's a Mark 1? Just get a decent auto electrician is all I'll say

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

I'd say that's great craic :L

• Registered Users Posts: 51,221 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Early MkII Foci had a known issue with the boot lock where water was leaking into the lock mechanism from the poorly designed drain, causing the lock to form a mind of it's own. My boot would open by itself anytime I went over a speed ramp. Had to get it replaced by Mr Ford with a better insulated lock unit.

Could be the same issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The boot release catch was stuck. Pressing it a few times sorted it, panic over. :)

Advertisement