Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best deaths in Gaming?

Options
  • 01-11-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭

A bit morbid but interesting nonetheless, it does take a bit of thought and creativity to make a good death in a game ;)

I was looking at sequences from the classic tomb raider for the playstation, I do enjoy my nostalgia games.
    Anyway i noticed there was a few 'death' videos uploaded showing the many different ways you could kill poor lara. They range from being impaled on spikes, being turned into solid gold, swan dives into pavement and falling 30 storys into lava.

And my personal favourite

So, is there any other games with interesting/creative/funny deaths that you have played?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Worms! Brilliant!
    The holy hand grenade was indeed fun but it was the bannana grenade that did it for me. I remember from the original worms I made 4 player-controlled teams, dug deep into the ground, put all 4 teams in this tiny hole, put girders to cover the hole and set off a bannana bomb in this tiny confine with 16 worms.

Quite funny, but it took quite a while for all the deaths to finish -

"Oh dear..." *Boom*
    "Bye bye" *Boom*
    "Bye bye" *Boom*
    "Oh dear..." *Boom*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I prefer the more simplistic pleasures that you get from chainsaw decapitations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Agreed, Can't have a thread like this without the Gears of War chainsaw though

• Registered Users Posts: 83,302 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Pander to the powernerds:
    Final Fantasy 7 -
    **SPOILER**

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Dead Space is full of awesome deaths. Theres one where the head on tentacles rips your head off, plants itself in the stump and walks your body off screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

FEAR has been great for death scenes. It also has one of my favourite weapons in any game, the Armacham Penetrator (Nail Gun)

I remember in F.E.A.R 1 this scene really standing out in my mind as a "WTF just happened?" moment.

Also, if you are playing Dead space, let yourself die at the end to see this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

I always loved this game and the intro death is so cool, so old but still good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The nuke in COD4 stands out as it was totally unexpected for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

The nuke in COD4 stands out as it was totally unexpected for me.

3 minutes to slow:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

All the Dead Space deaths

231 Fatalitys

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A certain death at the end of MGS3.

Having to pull the trigger yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

red-ring.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

brilliant one from L4D, have seen it happen, but not quite like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0hTsxQVEwM

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

MGS4 SPOILERS

When Big Boss dies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Lots of Youtube tag fails in this thread,

Folks You only need to copy the "OkcBIv3q4q8" code in the tags, not the full url or You'll end up with a blank window

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Coudn't have a thread like this without Mortal Kombat, was it the first game to have blood and deaths in it?

Some good ones there.... 3:16 is one of my favourites :D

Can't really remember any of them, but one that used to stand out for me was when you were on the castle walkway and at the end you could uppercut the person up and down off the edge onto spikes, i'm sure most would remember it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Soul Reaver 2.

Raziel manages kill himself using himself. "Living Raziel from the past kills undead Raziel from the present using the Soul Reaver that has Raziel's future soul in it"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Although they're not scripted deaths, I have managed some truly awesome ones in Battlefield 2, that sadly all involve killing myself. The best of which was sneaking up on to a building that had a guy on the roof. I thought it'd be great to lob a grenade right ontop of him. So I stood at the base of the building, threw my grenade up and had a Wile E. Coyote moment as I watched the grenade go straight up in the air and then come back down on top of me. Man I suck at games.

As for scripted ones, In Batman: Arkham Asylum
    after the game "crashes" where you wake up in the Jokers position and you replay the beginning, only to have the Joker shoot you. And then the help screen popping up and saying something like "Use the middle stick to avoid the bullet"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i always loved this intro :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Varkov wrote: »
    Soul Reaver 2.

Raziel manages kill himself using himself. "Living Raziel from the past kills undead Raziel from the present using the Soul Reaver that has Raziel's future soul in it"

It was at that point the game became too confusing for me.

Advertisement