Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying second hand tickets for an event

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy 2 tickets to a show this weekend and its sold out, the only tickets i can get a E tickets... but i have been warned that these can be scams as these tickets can be printed off several times and sold over and over, resulting in not being admitted to an event.

So basicly I want to know
    1, how to I make sure this doesn't happen,
    and 2, Is there any issues with buying a ticket to an event second hand?

thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

If you don't feel right buying the E tickets then dont . You will be worrying till you get to the door .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ghostwarrior

BVB wrote: »
    If you don't feel right buying the E tickets then dont . You will be worrying till you get to the door .

Well thats my first instinct. But I really want to go to this event and the only option seems to be e tickets. can i contact ticketmaster and ensure i own the ticket prior?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

No . The person who bought the ticket from ticketmaster name will be on the E ticket. Its a print out of a ticket you will be buying . People buy E tickets all the time but as you say they can be printed out 100s of times and sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There's nothing you can do. You have zero rights when you buy any product in a private sale. If multiple copies of an e-ticket are sold, then the first person to turn up will get in, and everyone else gets shafted.

Advertisement