Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caffrey's on tap in Dublin City??

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what pubs have caffrey's on tap in the city?? save two loons looking for ages lol & no I ent one of them :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

No sorry,

But if you are interested Peter's pub near the hairy lemon serves beamish red, similar in style to caffreys, really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Murphyt wrote: »
    No sorry,

But if you are interested Peter's pub near the hairy lemon serves beamish red, similar in style to caffreys, really nice.

Ta, i stuck that post on this first being lazy and then according to what I have read elsewhere you can't get caffrey's here no more so that will have to do him!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Beamish Red was discontinued almost a year ago -- the first victim of Heineken taking over the Beamish portfolio.

For Irish red in Dublin, you'll find Franciscan Well's Rebel Red on tap at O'Neill's of Suffolk Street, Paddy Cullen's in Ballsbridge, The Gingerman (badged as "Writer's Red") and the Bull & Castle (badged as "Castle Red").

Was Caffrey's ever sold in the Republic? It's made by Coors in Burton-on-Trent these days, after InBev closed their Belfast brewery in 2005. I don't think I've ever seen it outside the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

BeerNut wrote: »
    Was Caffrey's ever sold in the Republic? .

Yea around 95-97 there where a good number of pubs in Dublin doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

On tap in Mulligans of Poolbeg street.

• Advertisement

Caffrey's? Mulligan's has Macardle's on tap, but I've never noticed Caffrey's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Me bad! I meant Macardles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Cheers for the help, all I know is the last time they were in the city one of them was mad for the Caffrey's and lived on that so we're trying to track him a pub where he can sit with his equivelent of that. Anytime he's on a spin in the city it has to be ale, can't say I'd be sat reading all of what's on tap anytime I'm in there so I wouldn't have a clue! .......... then the other loon is raspberry sambuca. Pretty much a Laurel & Hardy pair.

Oh aye their stayin on O'connell street so he likes the idea of the porterhouse and Messrsmaguires (the whole mirco brewing award sealed that pub)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭donaghs

I remember pubs in Dublin doing Caffrey's promotions in 1999. Don't recall ever seeing it since in recent years.

(the whole mirco brewing award sealed that pub)
    The two members of this board who were on the judging panel are due a commission cheque, so :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Murphyt wrote: »
    No sorry,

I'm assuming Peter doesn't do this Beamish Red anymore then?

What's McArdle's like on tap anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Alan Rouge wrote: »
    I'm assuming Peter doesn't do this Beamish Red anymore then?

Its no longer brewed, last keg was served spring/summer this year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Murphyt

Sorry OP didn't realise they had stopped doing Beamish red, and didn't realise how longs its been since I've been in peters pub, for shame.
    If they are staying on O'connell street then the porterhouse do plenty of ales to suit.

Advertisement