Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superquinn & Maxoll 5c off per liter of motor fuel

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Just a quick info on the Superquinn & Maxoll special offer. It says that if you spend more than 40 euro you get 5c off per litre of motor fuel at a participating Maxoll station. So about a week ago I did my shopping in SQ Blackrock, got the receipt and drove to Maxoll service station on Mespil Rd (listed on SQ website as one of the participating garages). There was a lot of posters around the station about the offer. Filled up my car and went to pay and the guy behind the counter tells me that their station doesn't take part in the promotion. So I ask him about the posters and SQ website and he says he is sorry but he cannot give me the discount.
    I don't really care about the savings because altogether it wasn't more than 1.5 euro but I was really annoyed by the fact that SQ and Maxoll made a fool out of me. Good thing is it won't happen again as this was the last time I bought anything in SQ and Maxoll.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I wonder did you email or talk to Superquinn? Especially if as you say they list this garage as participating...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

I just did that. I'll let you know if they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

adr wrote: »
    J There was a lot of posters around the station about the offer.
    Did u ask him why the station had these posters if they didnt partake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I just did that. I'll let you know if they reply.

Thanks! Thread subscription to maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Just a quick info on the Superquinn & Maxoll special offer. It says that if you spend more than 40 euro you get 5c off per litre of motor fuel at a participating Maxoll station. So about a week ago I did my shopping in SQ Blackrock, got the receipt and drove to Maxoll service station on Mespil Rd (listed on SQ website as one of the participating garages). There was a lot of posters around the station about the offer. Filled up my car and went to pay and the guy behind the counter tells me that their station doesn't take part in the promotion. So I ask him about the posters and SQ website and he says he is sorry but he cannot give me the discount.
    I don't really care about the savings because altogether it wasn't more than 1.5 euro but I was really annoyed by the fact that SQ and Maxoll made a fool out of me. Good thing is it won't happen again as this was the last time I bought anything in SQ and Maxoll.
    I presume you have the receipt? Ring up the store and ask the manager for your 2 euro or whatever it is that you are owed.

According to Maxol they are not participating in the offer.

Maybe your beef is with Superquinn for listing a store that is not participating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

axer wrote: »
    I presume you have the receipt? Ring up the store and ask the manager for your 2 euro or whatever it is that you are owed.

Maybe your beef is with Superquinn for listing a store that is not participating.

According to the link you provided the station on mespil road is participating in the offer (7th on the list in dublin).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Mespil road is listed on that link. Eighth one down on the list for Dublin.
    A full list of the Maxol Service Stations participating in the Superquinn 5c off 'Miles More Savings' promotional offer is shown below. You can redeem your voucher at any of these locations until 31st December 2009.

Mespil Road, Dublin 4. 01-667 0450

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Shows my ignorance of Dublin geography. Since it is listed in both places I would get on to both of them as that is not acceptable. It sucks having to fight for you rights just for a euro or two but its the principal that matters here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Shows my ignorance of Dublin geography. Since it is listed in both places I would get on to both of them as that is not acceptable. It sucks having to fight for you rights just for a euro or two but its the principal that matters here.

Exactly, I suspect they will offer you some vouchers too. Don't give up without a fight Op.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

I have to say that Maxol was pretty decent about the whole thing when they received my email. They replied the next day and apologised for the whole situation. Then the manager of the Mespil Rd service station rang me and explained there was a mix up in communication between the station and head office and that he thought his station didn't participate in the promotion. He apologised and offered a e10 voucher for petrol. Good customer service. I think I'll give them another chance ;)

(SQ on the other hand didn't even reply to my email but maybe they assumed it wasn't their fault)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Great response from the Maxol manager. Thanks for letting us know how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

I find this offer a bit strange.

I got a flier through our door advertising this....but it only lists 3 stations, Ballinteer, Adamstown & Lucan (all in Dublin), where the vouchers can be redeemed. It never occurred to me that there were other participating stations.

I bought petrol in Harold's Cross Dublin - and I never saw any posters, and stupidly never asked. I will next week.

Great result OP

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I redeemed my voucher in the Maxol near the Ashleaf shopping centre (near Walkinstown - for the life of me, I can't remember the road name).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Always worth it following up on a complaint. I had a complaint about Tesco Insurance and after being fobbed off I wrote to the customer service, within a week I had an apology and a €20 gift voucher.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

(SQ on the other hand didn't even reply to my email but maybe they assumed it wasn't their fault)
    Whether or not its their fault is irrelevant, they could at lease send a brief blurb about contacting Maxol, etc.
    Poor service from SQ!

Advertisement