Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new kitty goes bonkers!

Options
  • 01-11-2009 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Got a new kitty recently as you will see from the pics thread...4months old, trained, placid and pretty.

She sometimes seems to see something in the air and goes bonkers, running from one end of the room to the other...it goes on for ages..even not during playtime as such she might suddenly race in the other room and literally dive into a small space. I thought maybe something was scaring her but there is nothing we can see or hear..she is particularly freaked out by something (?) behind the couch....

I'm new to cats so maybe this is normal cat behaviour!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

don't worry, they get an attack of the crazies every now and again, more so when they are young. Just sit back and enjoy, it's hilarious.

If you want to join in, get a lazer or a torch with a small bulb, turn off the lights and encourage kitty to chase the beam on the floor. It's so much fun. :D

One of my cats went through a very very vocal stage, I started playing chase the beam up and down the stairs with him, after a while doing it he'd be so wrecked that you wouldn't hear a peep for the rest of the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭JKM

Our kitten Lucy is going through that stage at the minute. She seems to just go absolutely mental out of nowhere. And she's not even as bad our cat Ollie used to be as a kitten. He used to literaly bounce off the walls... crazy!! :D

I only wish our other little guy Oscar would join in the fun. He is such a lazy little guy, and greedy to booth. He's steadily getting a fat little tummy, we are going to have to put him on a diet. He arrives at the fridge every single time we open it.. must have the best hearing ever! Like your guy Helena, he's very vocal, and lets us know at every opportunity just how cruel we are not to be feeding him constantly. Maybe i'll try your little trick with the laser, sounds like fun, and he could do with the exercise. :D

They're so much fun. Enjoy it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with your little kitten. Our three keep us entertained every second of the day with their crazy shenanigans.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

JKM wrote: »
    Maybe i'll try your little trick with the laser, sounds like fun, and he could do with the exercise. :D
    The cat will chase the laser for ages. Great laugh to watch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great, thanks everyone. YUup, was told to get a laser! She went nuts this morning, running into walls (we have wooden floors) and chasing something imaginary again. Always meowing for food even though she is fed regularly. Because she can;t got out for a few weeks (we got her from a shelter so they said to keep in in a few weeks so she gets used to her new home) i reckon she does need some exercise alright.

Thanks everyone:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭GigaByte

You may have greeblings in your house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

Yep I can remember those crazy days!!!:) Our cat is almost 8 now but when she was a kitten she used to out of nowhere take off as fast as she could around the house, she'd climb to the top of the curtains and 'ab sale' to the bottom, had to throw those curtains out in the end as they had so many holes in them!!! Ahh the joys of having youngsters!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maroongael

My Goden retriever used to do exactly the same except outside(thank God). He would just run about the back garden until he'd nearly collapse with exhaustion! So funny to watch:D

Advertisement