Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

prank calls/messages

• 02-11-2009 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

i have been getting calls and texts from a 085 number, he keeps saying get your dad to call me he knows who i am, whenever i call or my dad calls he doesn't say anything.

now he is seriously wrecking my head, can someone who works in meteor pm me and tell me who he is as i think it might be some ex employee...

i am away at the moment otherwise i would go to the police.

hope someone can help to sort out this matter.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Why are you calling the number back?

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

Try ringing their voice mail and see if they have been daft enough to leave their name ........ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

can someone who works in meteor pm me and tell me who he is as i think it might be some ex employee...

Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

Only way you can find out who it is is to go to the gardai. It will be a lot less complicated as it is not a private number you are dealing with.

Meteor (or anyone else for that matter) are not allowed by law to give out private details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

jordainius wrote: »
    Yeah, it doesn't work that way.

Only way you can find out who it is is to go to the gardai. It will be a lot less complicated as it is not a private number you are dealing with.

Meteor (or anyone else for that matter) are not allowed by law to give out private details.

Yes but i'm fed up at this stage as i got 50 calls/texts today so i serious don't care about the law side of things.

Someone might pm me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Someone will be seriously stupid to pm you offering the trace the details, anyone who has access the the registration details would know full well the consequences of giving that information out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Prob you have 085 number too and he/she is getting free calls and having fun.

Best idea is port your number to other network, once the credit start disappearing the Calls will stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

Yes but i'm fed up at this stage as i got 50 calls/texts today so i serious don't care about the law side of things.

Someone might pm me :)

Mark my words, nobody from Meteor or any other network would be stupid enough to do this for you. 100% a sackable offence, and against the law.

I'm sure you wouldn't be pleased if it was your details they were illegally giving out.

Also, what does it matter who it is? You have their number so go away and report them. Let the gardai deal with it.

This thread is a bit of a joke. You're trying to encourage mobile phone company employees to engage in illegal activity which as I've already stated will just not happen due to said employees not being stupid enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

jordainius wrote: »
    Mark my words, nobody from Meteor or any other network would be stupid enough to do this for you. 100% a sackable offence, and against the law.

100% agree.

Anybody foolish enough to do this wiould be putting their job on the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,939 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I had some prank calls a few years back, pretty threatening, probably from my job as it was pretty high risk. Always from a withheld number, but once they slipped up and left a number, that's when i put my plan into action

I got my GF to call him from a private number, she said she was doing a Smirnoff Drinks promotion and was giving away free Smirnoff if he could answer 2 easy questions.
    Question 1 for a bottle of Smirnoff Ice was what country does Smirnoff originate from, Russia or Japan, simple, he got it.
    Question 2 for 2 bottles of Smirnoff vodka was 'Is Vodka a Spiri or Liquer', he got that one to.
    She congratulated him and asked for name and address to send the booze, he couldn't give it quick enough.

Won't tell ya what happened a few days later :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

i have been getting calls and texts from a 085 number, he keeps saying get your dad to call me he knows who i am, whenever i call or my dad calls he doesn't say anything.

now he is seriously wrecking my head, can someone who works in meteor pm me and tell me who he is as i think it might be some ex employee...

i am away at the moment otherwise i would go to the police.

hope someone can help to sort out this matter.

As said above NO DETAILS WILL BE GIVEN OUT WITHOUT GARDA INTERVENTION.
    Ring Meteor.Tell them what is happening.Email the problem to them informing them that you will be passing on the details to The Gardai. Go to the Gardai
    and tell them what is happening and that a) you have been in contact with Meteor and B) that you are now very concerned for the safety of your father and yourself. the fact that you have a number will make their work a hell of a lot easier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

What phone do you have? Can't you just bar the number? I know for loads of phone types there are blacklist apps... Or can't meteor block the number?
    By going another, retaliatory route you may just escalate the matter - idiots with too much time can get a lot worse than just annoying ;)

Advertisement