Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xboxlive quitting dicks!!!

• 02-11-2009 1:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭

whats up with muppets quitting on all games????:mad: im so ****ing fed up of it qwe pay for the service so why dont they fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Yep, they should make people stay in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Play with people from your friends list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

People take games too seriously. If you have to play with the public try player matches rather than ranked, it weeds out some of the people who only care about stats, weird thing is though there's still a few people who will quit out of player games too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Whats games specifically?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

fifa 10 for me.

Played 5 games on live, winning all 5 and all 5 of them left before the second half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

go easier on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I've heard of fifa being a pain to play with quitters but if they quit do you win?cod4 was another one.. I didn't mind if the host left randomly left but if we were winning by a large margin I'd get annoyed..

I suppose you gotta realize losing isn't great fun at all.. I know makes me wana stop playing at times

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Thank christ for dedicated servers (and **** you Activision/IW while i'm at it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Over the weekend i was trying to get the 'lightswitch' achievement in Halo 3 (get lietuenant rank in the new playlists) which meant i had to win 50 games. I had about 5 or 6 games left to win, and i swear to go, ive never seen so much quitting in my life. Its a joke. My team would go down by like 3 kills in a game of slayer and half the team would quit. I lost track of the number of times i was left as the sole palyer on my team vs 4 people on the opposing team. And i couldnt quit because i didnt want to lose the exp needed for the achievement.
    Seriously they need stricter penalties in games for quitting. ATM in Halo you just lose 1XP, bump it up to 5 or more and see how many quit then. I couldnt believe half of them had attained the ranks they had given all the quitting going on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Ive mainly come across quitters in Fifa 10 recently. But each time they quit I got the win, maintained my winning streak, but didnt get any level up points. Im ok with that, tho I do think you should drop levelup/experience points if you quit. There has to be more of a disincentive given to quitters

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have to say i rarely come across quitters in cod4 or cod waw etc.
    Its rampant in fifa 10 however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Depends what playlist you play on the call of duty games, i think that team deathmatch and domination have the most quitters.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dcully wrote: »
    I have to say i rarely come across quitters in cod4 or cod waw etc.
    Its rampant in fifa 10 however.

I would disagree, mainly play a lot of zombies of WaW but the amount of people that quit if they dont get loads of kills in the first 2/3 rounds is crazy. Alos when you get to round 12 or so and someone gets killed, if you dont go to them they quit rather than waiting for the next round. Do they not understand especially with 3 players, if you go for the rescue a lot of the time everyone dies!!!!!!!!

Yeh i have to agree with you on the zombies :P
    I play it alot aswell and most of the time when it gets past round 10 its hard to pick them up unless you have monkeys

I would disagree, mainly play a lot of zombies of WaW but the amount of people that quit if they dont get loads of kills in the first 2/3 rounds is crazy. Alos when you get to round 12 or so and someone gets killed, if you dont go to them they quit rather than waiting for the next round. Do they not understand especially with 3 players, if you go for the rescue a lot of the time everyone dies!!!!!!!!

When i said cod waw i meant the the proper multiplayer mode and not some left for dead wanna be crap.
    Ill stick to L4D on pc for zombie bashing thanks.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Dcully wrote: »
    When i said cod waw i meant the the proper multiplayer mode and not some left for dead wanna be crap.
    Ill stick to L4D on pc for zombie bashing thanks.
    Its not crap, it can be quite a lot of fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭craze7

Championship mode in SF4 has some quitters too, and whats worse you don't win the fight if the other guy quits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Glad to hear it's not just happening on the PS3! It's an incredibly annoying situation to find yourself in, I can't believe people can be so petty. So seeing as it appears to be console wide does anyone know if Sony, MS or the developers have any plans to combat it?

They can't leave things as they are.

Its not crap, it can be quite a lot of fun.

Which is besides the point that i was talking about initially :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

im talking generally but fifa 10 is ****ing wrecking my head! if im being beaten with 5 minutes left on the clock i have the decency and grace to lose and try to improve! i scored a goal straight from kick off the other day and the other guy actually could be heard saying **** this and quit!

so why do we pay 50 quid for a service thats not being monitored for true gamers?

its a pile of ****e:mad:

• Advertisement

ps im gonna start adding you guys cos im not playing with muppets anymore !

(Goes to the corner and has a sulk):(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

in pes 09 /10 you could only quit by going to the dashboard...no1 has ever left on me.:)

Ufc when it came out was a melter for quitters too

ok played 10 ranked matches last night and 8 quote 8 quitters on fifa10 FFS:mad: met a class player though and played 2 epic matches fantastic hes now on my friends list and we will battle again soon:D

why do people realise in the first 5 minutes they are in the **** and then decide **** off HUGEBASHER kiss my arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

ok played 10 ranked matches last night and 8 quote 8 quitters on fifa10 FFS:mad: met a class player though and played 2 epic matches fantastic hes now on my friends list and we will battle again soon:D

why do people realise in the first 5 minutes they are in the **** and then decide **** off HUGEBASHER kiss my arse

This has always been the case in some games. I have a friend who is mad into FIFA and pes. He is really good at them (well compared to me he is). He has had lots of people rage quit and send him abusive messages.

Advertisement