Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBOOD: Onkyo / Jamo HD Sound System (perfect for Blu Ray) €565 incl delivery

• 02-11-2009 1:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭

Link: http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/product_specs/13794/Onkyo_T-SR507_51_Home_Theatre_Receiver_with_Jamo_A402_HSC_5/4314_V7_hi_1257092385.jpg
    • Type receiver: TX-SR507 5.1 Home Theatre Receiver
    • Brand speakerset: Jamo
    • Type speakerset: A402 HSC5 speakerset
    • 5 HDMI connections: 4 HDMI inputs and 1 HDMI output for video
    • DTS-HD Master Audio™, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio™, DTS-HD Express, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby® Digital Plus Decoding
    • HDMI™ Version 1.3a to Support Deep Color™, x.v.Color™, LipSync, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, DVD-Audio, Super Audio CD, and CEC
    • HDMI Audio and Video Processing (1080p; 4 Inputs and 1 Output)
    • HDTV-Capable HDMI Video Switching
    • Audyssey 2EQ for correcting acoustics
    • Audyssey Dynamic EQ*5 for loudness correction
    • Audyssey Dynamic Volume
    • Powered Zone 2 and Zone 2 Line-Out for playback in another room (Separate Source)
    • 4 DSP Modes for Gaming: Rock, Sports, Action, and Role Playing Game (RPG)
    • Universal Port for Single-Cable Connection of a (not included) Onkyo Dock for iPod or DAB+ Radio Tuner
    • Front-Panel Auxiliary A/V Input (for Camcorders, Game Consoles, etc.)
    • Music Optimizer for Compressed Digital Music Files
    • 130 W/Ch at 6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, IEC
    • DTS-ES™ Discrete/Matrix, DTS Neo:6®, DTS 96/24™, Dolby® Digital EX™, Dolby® Pro Logic® IIx Decoding
    • DTS Surround Sensation® Speaker Technology
    • H.C.P.S. (High Current Power Supply) Massive High Power Transformer
    • 192 kHz/24-Bit DACs for All Channels
    • Advanced 32-Bit Processing DSP Chip
    • 4 Digital Inputs (2 Optical and 2 Coaxial)
    • HDTV-Capable (720p/1080i) Component Video Switching (2 Inputs and 1 Output)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭npgallag

Was lookin at this myself but one of the comments below...."offered the same Onkyo TX-SR507 5.1 Home Theatre Receiver with Jamo A407 speakers for €599.95" . Doesent seem like such good value so and can get receiver in Richer sounds for €277

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jArgHA

I bought an Onkyo 606 from Richersounds and Jamo A102 5.1 speaker set from another retailer about 8 months ago for what came to €540 total. I think the Onkyo 606 supercedes the 507 also...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭walshy123

no the 606 is superceeded by the 607.

this 507 replaced the 506.

6 series is better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

@ Klingon Hamlet: This iBood is only "perfect for Bluray" if you have a bluray play! ;)

@ npgallag: Just because they offered a better package before at a higher price doesn't make this offer any less good.

@ jArgHA: They're two different series of receiver. You got the 6 series, this is the 5 series. The 5.1 speakers you bought the last time were A102's. These one's are A402's, so there's a step up from yours.
    For comparison sake, yours are on Amazon for £225.
    The A402's are on Amazon for £450!

EDIT: Walshy beat me to it about the Onkyo series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

£449.99 for teh speakers alone :eek:

So is this a good deal then?
    Might go well with my LG - 47LH3000 & BDP-S350

• Advertisement

Whether they're worth it or not, I don't know. All I was doing was posting a link to them, so don't shoot the messenger! ;)

As for your setup, how did you manage to get the LG and the Sony, and not get an amp and speakers?! I know that picture quality on bluray is pretty sweet, but the lossless audio is as much of the experience.

For the record, I've got the S350 too, but I've got it connected to an Onkyo 505 running a Wharfdale 12" sub and Sony speakers (need updating!). Watching something like 300 with lossless audio is certainly an eye/ear opener!

Haha, no worries.
    Not wanting to derail the thread the amp/speakers are the last thing to get for budget reasons. I just missed out on the last Onkyo from ibood so might splash out. I've Gladiator: Limited Edition & Braveheart Bly-ray on they're way from play.com so a decent sound setup is a must!

I'm not going to get this kind of package cheaper elsewhere am I?
    The richersounds guys let me down the last time I was on to them.

Argh, now I'm thinking I should go with a SR607 instead!

You don't need the 607. The 507 will do everything you need.
    Oddles of connections including 4 hdmi 1.3a in, TrueHD/DTS-MA decoding, 1080p passthrough, etc.

Jaysus, you'd swear I worked for them (I don't!).

;)

The 507 has 4 HDMI in.....do all 4 do video & sound?
    I've a Xbox360, Popcorn Hour A-110, BDP-S350 & SkyPlus to connect.

If yes, I'll dust off the cc when I get home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I've a Bose Lifestyle 28. Might sell it and get this yoke. If only I had more time :(

• Advertisement

The_Edge wrote: »
    ;)

The 507 has 4 HDMI in.....do all 4 do video & sound?
    I've a Xbox360, Popcorn Hour A-110, BDP-S350 & SkyPlus to connect.

If yes, I'll dust off the cc when I get home.

AFAIK, they all do video and sound. My 505 has only 3 hdmi inputs, and all 3 of them do pic and sound, so can't see why these 4 wouldn't.

EDIT: Check out the specs here. Like I said, it'll do everything you need/want.

Bill-e wrote: »
    I've a Bose Lifestyle 28. Might sell it and get this yoke. If only I had more time :(

I updated my Lifestyle 35 for my Onk 505. Only thing I regret about it is the looks of the Lifestyle. It really did look superb under the tv.:cool:

Cheers Soarer, just purchased. :)

Good man yourself.

By all accounts, both Gladiator and Braveheart have reference quality audio tracks (See Gladiater review here and Braveheart review here), so you should have a good night in when everything arrives.:D

I know it's a bit anal, but when you get the Onk set up, you should set "BD Audio Setting" on the S350 audio output to "direct", and let the Onkyo do the processing.
    That way, you can have DTS-MA or Dolby TrueHD appear on the display of the Onk while watching a movie! ;)

I know it's only showing off really, and Mrs. The Edge probably won't appreciate it (like Mrs. Soarer doesn't!:rolleyes:), but you'll get a giggle from it everytime!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

:D

So it's a good deal then. Glad I posted.

Advertisement