Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movember

Options
  • 02-11-2009 4:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gentlemen of the forum,

As today is the 1st of Movember the time for mo growing has just kicked off.

Give support in any way you can, kind word on the moards forum to cheer on the mo bros and mo sistas of boards.ie, or if you've any money to spare (lucky you) maybe donate it to one of the team members

Spread the word, grow a mo and most importantly spread awareness amongst your friends and family. It could save a life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Anyone here growing a mo? Being a lay-dee, I can't (well I hope not anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Ya, its growing as we speak.
    Fri 30th Oct was the first shave. We started early because it was a work thing and Friday is easier.

Fair play to you. Make sure to post a pic!

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

Also underway here too. Just started yesterday morning so we'll see how it progresses. Think I might be the only one in my office doing it this year so I'm sure I'll get a few funny looks as the month goes by...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Work has the pic taken Friday.
    Its a front shot and side shot.

Not sure what to do yet.

Mo, handle bars, pirate style with a mo and little bit under the lower lip. huge handle bars like the last time.... hmmmmm

• Advertisement

Traq wrote: »
    Also underway here too. Just started yesterday morning so we'll see how it progresses. Think I might be the only one in my office doing it this year so I'm sure I'll get a few funny looks as the month goes by...

One of the guys at my work was best man at a wedding in the middle of movember last year and kept his mo for it!

Now that's dedication.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Traq

watna wrote: »
    One of the guys at my work was best man at a wedding in the middle of movember last year and kept his mo for it!

Now that's dedication.

Haha, excellent! A mate of mine got his work id photo taken in the middle of movember last year too, so is now stuck with a dodgy-looking p*rnstar tache on his id for as long as he's working there!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Gonna do it myself. Get the beard first then shape it around week 3 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Whoohoo I've been waiting for this all year!

http://nz.movember.com/mospace/170279

Donate please :)

Never grown a mo in my entire life so no idea how its gunna turn out but it should be a laugh. My job means i'm out and about all the time meeting different people so i'm sure i'm going to get some mad looks as the time goes on...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

yeah, gonna growe a full on Choppper Reid style Mo this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I'm attempting an orange county chopper (better not walk down oxford street!)
    Should be a hoot , first time doing one as well, althought I had a beard from time to time!

Any donations appreciated:

http://au.movember.com/mospace/172037/

Australian Tax Payers: All donations over $2 are Tax deductible -- so its win win!!!!

Advertisement