Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chucking em in.

• 02-11-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Today is the day.

Well last Wednesday was actually, But I got weak around Three O Clock in the afternoon and headed to the shop for a pack of the cursed fags. I have kinda gathered myself since and am a bit more determined, Of course things are different this time, the last time I went cold turkey and that is why I failed in the afternoon, this time I have Chewing Gum - Loads & Loads of it....................

wrigleys_gum.jpg

I decided not to tell anyone here at home that I have given them up, As with the last few times I did it they kept on at me asking if I was in a bad mood cos I was off the fags, which eventually put me in a bad mood - Then everyone went around saying that I was in a bad mood cos I was off the fags..........

I have been preparing for this over the past six months, I have stopped smoking in the house and the car so I reckon that these should be safe havens from now on.

So Anyhows, Here I goes, Wish me luck !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Blinder

Best of luck.Stay strong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Good luck dude, stay strong this time, it's definetly possible. Try to drink plenty of water and get some fresh air and excercise too, will help enormously.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

best of luck!!!! i will be joining you in the next few days (these 2-3 days are crazy stressful at work so holding of till things calm down) :eek: going to try out the patches this time, buying them today so i'll be ready to rock. i am really looking forward to being free and healthy........it's been so long!!

Advertisement