Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vodafone wireless broadband problem

Options
  • 02-11-2009 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi,

Im using vodafone wireless broadband for 2 Laptops and a desktop at home. Switched over from eircom about 6 months ago and it has worked perfectly. i'm still using the old eircom netopia router. over the weekend i suddenly cant seem to get on the internet, despite not having changed any settings etc. It says im connected to the network however i cant get on the internet and when i try to repair the connection it fails when trying to renew my ip address.

im just wondering has anyone else had a problem with vodafone wireless in recent days or is my problem more serious.

any help appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

When you say you switched over to Vodaphone do you mean dsl or their wireless bb product?

As you are still using the netopia I will assume that you are still on dsl - if so you need to establish whether its the dsl thats the problem or your wireless network.

Did you change your settings in the netopia to sign on to vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭bunglemark2

KingMuller wrote: »
    Hi,

Im using vodafone wireless broadband for 2 Laptops and a desktop at home. Switched over from eircom about 6 months ago and it has worked perfectly. i'm still using the old eircom netopia router. over the weekend i suddenly cant seem to get on the internet, despite not having changed any settings etc. It says im connected to the network however i cant get on the internet and when i try to repair the connection it fails when trying to renew my ip address.

im just wondering has anyone else had a problem with vodafone wireless in recent days or is my problem more serious.

any help appreciated

Similar to me mate....only stopped working last night.
    I've a BT Voyager wireless router and can surf happily on his/her laptops, but I was also able to connect previously using a wireless dongle from a desktop PC I have as well.
    Now, I can't connect at all. I set the "obtain IP address automatically" flag, no joy.
    Tried to specify an IP address (192.168.1.X) and Default Gateway same as IP of the router...no joy.
    Reinstalled the software for the wireless dongle - no joy.
    It's connecting to the router but I can't get past that....
    Thing is, I'm trying to set this PC up for the kids to use....so it's handy to be able to turn on during the day, before I get in from work...
    Any suggestions ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Similar to me mate....only stopped working last night.
    I've a BT Voyager wireless router and can surf happily on his/her laptops, but I was also able to connect previously using a wireless dongle from a desktop PC I have as well.
    Now, I can't connect at all. I set the "obtain IP address automatically" flag, no joy.
    Tried to specify an IP address (192.168.1.X) and Default Gateway same as IP of the router...no joy.
    Reinstalled the software for the wireless dongle - no joy.
    It's connecting to the router but I can't get past that....
    Thing is, I'm trying to set this PC up for the kids to use....so it's handy to be able to turn on during the day, before I get in from work...
    Any suggestions ?

One post per problem is enough ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement