Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Repairman in Letterkenny.

Options
  • 02-11-2009 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My TV went kaput over the weekend and I'm looking for someone who isn't gonna rip me off to fix it.

It's a Samsung DLP if that makes any difference.

Cheers,

P.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

McEwen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Crumlish Appliances in the same building as McEwans do repairs for all sorts of things..pretty sure they'd do tv's

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

McEwen.

Dont think they do repairs, they send all their stuff (for repair) to Crumlish Appliance Repairs. 074 912 5525, They've moved down to the Glebe Road now.
    I've got them to fix a few tv's. But not mater whats wrong you'll pay at least €60, probably more if its a flat screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

phone irwin electrical, tell them you bought the tv there, and ask them who they get to fix their tv's and could they give you a number, they used to use a local letterkenny man who was decent and decent price too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

You'd be suprised how often its a fuse, not necessarily in the plug but also an internal fuse that sits inside the back wither on power supply or on the board.

If its under 2 years old it should be under warranty (if not a result of something you did) and the seller should have it looked at for you.

If older then Crumlish Appliances in the Kube on thorn road will look at it for you. They will charge a deposit of €45 I think when you leave it in. They deduct that from overall repair bill though if they fix it.

Most retailers send their repairs to them so bringing it to someone other than them out of warranty will only bring in a middle man and middle man charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

Thanks all.

I actually did buy it in Irwins but their guy only fixes CRTs.
    Crumlish, as mentioned, charge €28 to collect it and 45 to look at it before any diagnosis is made. Also was told that most TVs are generally disposable nowadays as parts to repair them are so expensive (in Ireland).

From searching t'interweb, I think the most likely parts to be gone are the Lamp, Colour Wheel or Ballast. None cost more than $110 so I may have a look to see if I can diagnose the busted part myself and just get a new one and see if I can fix it. If not, then so be it.

Thanks for the help anyway.

PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Roaming

<mod snip>

Mod note: this isnt your personal billboard for having a pop at a business. And dont drag up old threads again especially for this purpose

Warning given

Advertisement